Gas & Electricity

We get less than 4% of our energy from Russia/Ukraine

Other countries in Europe have done lots to stop the price rises - why are we different - why has our government not done the same

I get your point about Covid and agree but that was there extremely poor decisions and again why arent other European countries suffering the same?

Revolution is needed - im not talking about trashing things but I am talking about significant protests....the posties are starting, the rail have done it...others need to follow - we are under now goign to be (again) under non elected leaders as we were with Johnson....that isnt democratic. If a leader of a party fails to the point where his or her own party remove them then a general election should be called - the process is flawed because this doesnt have to happen.

There needs to be a national strike which i dont think has happened since the 1920's
They are all suffering the same.

What do you think is happening in the likes of Germany right now?

I’ve just been abroad and inflation and petrol was ridiculous.

€9 for mayonnaise haha!

They are all suffering the same.

What do you think is happening in the likes of Germany right now?

I’ve just been abroad and inflation and petrol was ridiculous.

€9 for mayonnaise haha!
we are talkign about energy prices and while there is inflation and fuel rises and energy rises across europe I believe we have been hit far harder.....
Yes they may be protesting (rightly bloody so) - but we arent and need to do more

No it literally does have a lot to do with the war and Putin's squeezing of the gas pipelines. Germanys prices are going through the roof, everyone is affected. We will see action from the govt soon, before the big increase hits. I suspect they will give each household a higher amount than the £400 being offered at the moment.
4% of our energy comes from Russia

We make so much electricity in Cornwall alone through wind farms that we have to push it around the rest of the grid. The government could have taken action months ago and didnt...why have they waited til now...?

Are you realy confident with Truss and Rishi will come out and help (on a long term basis) the average person? I hope you are right but I aint convinced that just like the last incumbants they aint just in it for themselves.

we are talkign about energy prices and while there is inflation and fuel rises and energy rises across europe I believe we have been hit far harder.....
Yes they may be protesting (rightly bloody so) - but we arent and need to do more
I highly highly doubt we will be the worst hit this winter in Europe and other nations aren’t being hit at least just as hard.

Everyone is fucked but that’s not to say the government cannot do something about it.

This is my take on this.
I'm 46 years old I've left school with no gcsesi was classed as thick because I'm dyslexic.
Which I didn't know till I went to college to do joinery.
Anyway I'm from a working class family .
I now have a really gòd job or I think it is as a site manager..and I think I even really good money.
Probably about a60k a year.
My misses earns about 25k a year so in total 85k.
Some people might think that's a lot some might think that's fuck all.
My point is I earn that we don't go mad we have a 3 bed semi etc etc.
But if these bills keep going up we are going to start to feel it.
Why is all the help for people on low income or people on the dole.
I've nothing against anyone who needs help and is genuinely out of work.
But I feel like I'm in the middle of don't need help cos I earn good money and oh fuck him.
I've work really hard to be where I am today but this is getting stupid 3k a year for gas nd electric and its only going to go up.
Will it ever go down again.
I bet not.
Night blues ctid
I ain't sure if this is one of them clarkie things on here . But I will suggest to the poster that £63 a month for a couple of months probably would not keep the pump running on the koi carp tank/pond . If you are struggling on 85k you should spare a thought for the pensioners who have about 12k a year . Give your head a wobble and close the cinema room down till it all blows over as I guess you will survive

Might want to stay away from Denmark and Belgium in the near future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.