General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 76 62.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Reform

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 5.8%

• Total voters
I said in an earlier post that ALL politicians are weirdo’s who have a strange way of speaking.

Just been proved right , flicked bbc news on and the lib dem deputy leader is on, no idea of her name. As shes talking she has a massive cheesey grin and at the end of each sentence her smile gets huge. Like oddly huge. Has she been told to talk like this? If one of my mates spoke like this id think there was something up with them.
As i say … weirdos

I said in an earlier post that ALL politicians are weirdo’s who have a strange way of speaking.

Just been proved right , flicked bbc news on and the lib dem deputy leader is on, no idea of her name. As shes talking she has a massive cheesey grin and at the end of each sentence her smile gets huge. Like oddly huge. Has she been told to talk like this? If one of my mates spoke like this id think there was something up with them.
As i say … weirdos

I actually don’t think that’s any kind of media training or anything, that’s just her authentic self. If you look up pictures of Daisy Cooper going back decades you’ll struggle to find a photo where she’s not flashing a ridiculously wide smile. In the same way Priti Patel has that resting smirk, she has a resting full beam smile.

It is a bit unsettling I’ll give you that.

What a choice to be left with.

What are these Changes that Keith is proposing?

I actually don’t think that’s any kind of media training or anything, that’s just her authentic self. If you look up pictures of Daisy Cooper going back decades you’ll struggle to find a photo where she’s not flashing a ridiculously wide smile. In the same way Priti Patel has that resting smirk, she has a resting full beam smile.

Remember when Tory spokesmen were told to give speeches in a ‘power stance’ with one foot firmly planted 2 feet in front? Looked ridiculous.

Fair play , looked like a simpleton though :))

Remember when Tory spokesmen were told to give speeches in a ‘power stance’ with one foot firmly planted 2 feet in front? Looked ridiculous.
Was it Miliband that on the live tv debates used to finish what he was saying and look into the camera and do a big grin?

Used to make me laugh and vomit in equal measures

I think at this point we just need change. These cunts have fucked everything for years. The facts on food banks and the underfunding of councils just as a two starter.

Let's give labour a fair crack to make this country at least a bit easier to live in. Tax the rich and feed the poor.

Fuck Rwanda off, have a proper method of applying for asylum.

Sort housing out. Nationalise the trains AND NATIONALISE THE ENERGY.

They are spending just to stand still simple fact is the Public services were cut to the bone now they just don’t have the capacity, look at how many beds the NHS had lost over the last 14 years, a law and order system creaking I could go on, I saiid effective austerity, as was proven in the 80s it always costs more to put right the effects of austerity than the amount saved, plus you then have the huge social costs
This is the sort of thing that politicians say. It is maddenly fact free. The fall in the number of nhs beds owes almost nothing to austerity but is driven by changes in medical practice and the move to greater care in the community. The number of beds has fallen steadily for over 30 years, roughly in line with other countries’ advanced health services.
If you were really interested in nhs issues you would consult the Kings Fund, the best source of nhs research and which currently carries a full study of nhs bed history.
See Kings Fund.org.uk.

The only problem Labour have is it will take more than one term to right the wrongs, there is so much wrong people need to realise there isn’t a magic wand. Labour will have no idea how much is left in the pot, so they can cost all the stuff they want but there may not be the cash to do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.