General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 128 62.1%
  • Conservative

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Reform

Votes: 25 12.1%
  • Green Party

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 19 9.2%

• Total voters
So people left on trolleys in corridor’s has nothing to do with a lack of beds? Most families have experienced this, whilst it’s true that more care is provided in the community the decline in beds has outstripped demand, just busy your local A & E to prove it to yourself, lived experience beats theory and statistics
Sorry you are talking political nonsense. You cannot draw a general conclusion from particular examples. Local factors are critical in matters like people in corridors ie trusts have taken a view on how to spend their budget. Lack of beds has multi faceted causes. As I said, read the Kings fund paper.

Sorry you are talking political nonsense. You cannot draw a general conclusion from particular examples. Local factors are critical in matters like people in corridors ie trusts have taken a view on how to spend their budget. Lack of beds has multi faceted causes. As I said, read the Kings fund paper.

Lived experience and lived by 100s of thousands up and down the country like I said it beats statistics and theory

There is some good stuff in the BMA paper, but you have to be careful as the BMA is a trade union. The BMA has, of course, organised strikes for increases in their own pay which is hardly consonant with calls for bigger budgets elsewhere. There are several contentious statements there as well.For example, the use of historic spending trend as a comparitor is dubious and the fall of current spend below the trend line for one year does not support the statement made. The kings fund is independent and more reliable.

Last edited:
Lived experience and lived by 100s of thousands up and down the country like I said it beats statistics and theory
Have it your own way but those of us who have worked on nhs budgeting issues will not thank you for it.

There is some good stuff in the BMA paper, but you have to be careful as the BMA is a trade union. The BMA has, of course, organised strikes for increases in their own pay which is hardly consonant with calls for bigger budgets elsewhere. There are several contentious statements there as well.For example, the use of historic spending trend as a comparitor is dubious and the fall of current spend below the trend line for one year does not support the statement made. The kings fund is independent and more reliable.
Think tanks are always non-partisan…

As Ducado says, statistics can be moulded to fit any narrative.

A visit to a hospital and the use of your eyes is harder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.