General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • Conservative

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Reform

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • Green Party

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 29 10.4%

• Total voters
Not saying Starmer is a Tory.

He allowed Sunak to get away with his lies. To get away with it was a combination of agility and Starmer's poor debating. Sunak didn't have to be very nimble to beat him, but number he was as well as a liar.
I would half-agree that he allowed Sunak to get away with his big lie, however the amateur performance from the mediator prevented him from getting a word in edgeways. Anyhow, I don't think these kind of platforms are a yardstick to establish statesmanlike qualities; it's Jerry Springer for the political circuit. We learnt nothing new, and it won't prove persuasive with polling intentions.

Ooopsie. Using the exact same (dodgy) methodology the Tories used to come up with the ‘£2000 Labour tax rises’ figure the Tories’ published tax plans comes to……£3000 per household.

I would half-agree that he allowed Sunak to get away with his big lie, however the amateur performance from the mediator prevented him from getting a word in edgeways. Anyhow, I don't think these kind of platforms are a yardstick to establish statesmanlike qualities; it's Jerry Springer for the political circuit. We learnt nothing new, and it won't prove persuasive with polling intentions.
Amateur? It sounds like it was a professional hit job (or at least distraction while the con man tricks people)

Not sure the mediator was amateur. She knew what she was doing and was very quick to cut Starmer short but less so with Sunak. Starmer was still weak yet again in debating and instead of rebutting it straight away blathered on about the Tories. It shouldn't take 30 minutes to debunk their lie. It was poor even by Starmer's poor debating levels.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.