General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • Conservative

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Reform

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • Green Party

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 29 10.4%

• Total voters
Ooopsie. Using the exact same (dodgy) methodology the Tories used to come up with the ‘£2000 Labour tax rises’ figure the Tories’ published tax plans comes to……£3000 per household.

And the Tories can’t even pretend it’s a hit job from a lefty publication.
Although it’s probably a hit job from a publication that’s about to jump to Reform!!

Not much chat about the Yougov poll today, for some reason.

I posted about it earlier. Was interesting to read it read that 2019 Tory voters 85% said Sunak won the debate last night. Now it’s likely they would naturally be drawn to what Sunak said but given Labour need to attract a number of them that’s an interesting poll, albeit from a small sample.

I’d also say that anyone who is 20% ahead in the polls should be doing better than 49%. I don’t think Labour will be seeing this as any sort of victory. Starmer had a shocker last night - he couldn’t deal with Sunak’s £2k tax line. It’s taken today for Labour to get their tanks lined up and say it’s lies. That points to a man who can’t think on his feet. Not a great look.

Of course none of that means it will translate in to votes for either party. Need to see what opinion polls come out in the next week or so to see if it made a scrap of difference.

I posted about it earlier. Was interesting to read it read that 2019 Tory voters 85% said Sunak won the debate last night. Now it’s likely they would naturally be drawn to what Sunak said but given Labour need to attract a number of them that’s an interesting poll, albeit from a small sample.

I’d also say that anyone who is 20% ahead in the polls should be doing better than 49%. I don’t think Labour will be seeing this as any sort of victory. Starmer had a shocker last night - he couldn’t deal with Sunak’s £2k tax line. It’s taken today for Labour to get their tanks lined up and say it’s lies. That points to a man who can’t think on his feet. Not a great look.

Of course none of that means it will translate in to votes for either party. Need to see what opinion polls come out in the next week or so to see if it made a scrap of difference.
I largely agree. TV debates are mostly pointless unless one leader or the other does something extraordinary.

They already had the Civil Service letter (dated 3rd June), so either their in house communications aren’t great or it was a deliberate ploy to create this liar rhetoric today.

What’s stopping Starmer taking the letter to the final debate and saying “remember the last debate where Sunak was shown to be lying? You simply can’t trust anything that this man is about to say.”

I largely agree. TV debates are mostly pointless unless one leader or the other does something extraordinary.

They already had the Civil Service letter (dated 3rd June), so either their in house communications aren’t great or it was a deliberate ploy to create this liar rhetoric today.

What’s stopping Starmer taking the letter to the final debate and saying “remember the last debate where Sunak was shown to be lying? You simply can’t trust anything that this man is about to say.”

I’m sure they’ll be able to spin it. I disagree it’s some master plan, Sunak said it 4 or 5 times before Starmer said it was rubbish. That was after a break in the debate so it’s quite possible one of his aides got in his ear and told him to bat it away. If it was some master plan he’d have not said owt at any stage.

Some of the answers he gave were a bit weird as well. Example his credentials on being trusted on security - that was always going to come up for Starmer given the leadership can’t agree on using nukes. His response…You can trust me because I’ve prosecuted someone in the past. The fuck has that got to do with the question.

He just didn’t seem all that well prepared. Nothing too damaging but was a bit strange.

Social media wanted Clinton, Corbyn, Remain… It got none of them.

Starmer was very poor last night. I think if Boris had replaced Cameron and then Sunak had replaced Boris then the election would be far closer. The Tories only have themselves to blame with the absolute disaster that was Liz Truss.

Labour will form the next government. Starmer will last for a short period and then either Burnham or Khan will replace him.
Clinton, Corbyn, Starmer, Cameron, Sukak, Truss, Burhnam, Khan..and…Boris.

Is he your mate, or something?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.