General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
You do wonder who the fuck his PR people are. Can imagine them suggesting the British people will vote for someone piss wet through, willing to sacrifice their suit for the public. Great image of a strong leader. Should have got a Newcastle United tattoo and done it shirtless the soft bastard.

No chance he hasn't got time for that, his wife is taking all his time up asking questions about wallpaper rugs and kitchen white goods for their New York penthouse.

Tony Blair was a ****, not sure of any reasonable person would argue otherwise.

But that iteration of Labour is not equivalent to what exists now, so it’s not a good comparison to make for assessing current probable government impact on prosperity and security between Labour and Tories.

Is the current iteration of the Labour Party flawed?

Absolutely it is.

Is it much less flawed that the current iteration of the Conservative Party?

I and many others would argue it is.

Will there be dysfunction with a Labour government?

Most assuredly so. Even if they are much more effective and cohesive than the ramshackle Tory reign, they are being handed a largely broken and delegitimised government, an obliterate economy, and an electorate that is largely desperate and angry. It will take quite awhile—and an immense amount of work and political patience—to repair the damage and get the nation back on a course toward anything resembling prosperity.

Is there a higher probability of recognising, pulling back from, and mitigating disastrous policies, actions, and relationships undertaken (or undermined) over the past near decade and a half if Labour takes power?

I and many others would argue there is.

And that probability is all that there is. We don’t live in a world where we can blow up the system and start again. I wish we did—but that would cause far more hardship and destruction than even the current Tory government. And, anyway, those sort of revolutions almost always actually lead to despotic regimes.

This is all there is, for better or worse.
AI and algorithms are the only things that will be blowing up the system....it's coming whether we like it or not

It will, I’m not even a labour voter though I have been, but thinking it won’t be better than the last 8 years of this shambles takes some immagination.
I’ve never voted Labour either and won’t this time.. I’m in a Labour safe seat so my cross on the paper is pointless (I know that people fought for my right to vote but I’m sure you get me)

I do think that the circumstances we’ve seen e.g. Covid were pretty unprecedented in modern times but I have to agree, the Tories have been pretty shocking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.