General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
I agree there isn't a homogenous working class but when it comes to politics the working classes tend to be very sensitive to ideology above all else. That ideology is what led to events such as Brexit, remember that 17 million people voted for Brexit, far more than have voted for anything in history.

Do these people now want Labour to unpick or even reverse Brexit because going off this forum that is almost what some expect to now happen with Labour in power? It is actually working class opinion (especially in the north) that is going to divide Labour and limit policy for the next 5 years. It definitely will with Farage in opposition.

You only have to look at current Labour policy on immigration for example which explicitly says to stop the boats which is incredible language for a left leaning party. This is appeasement of the working class right and it's going to be extremely difficult to maintain and struggles from within are bound to happen.

Corbyn offered the working classes everything in 2019 and in return they obliterated him because he offered the one thing that they definitely didn't want which was a 2nd referendum.

Labour's current rhetoric is targeting swing voters in the South. YouGov have had consistent Labour leads well into the 30%s, and into the 40%s, so it's going to take a huge turnaround for them to be beholden to socially right wing, working class Northern voters.

Labour's immigration policies have been too easily conflated with the Tories, particularly by many on the left - and it's usually based on misrepresentation. Stopping the boats because you don't want immigrants in the country, is hugely different to arguing that people are being exploited because of the failed asylum system in the UK.

Tice, Oakshitt, Farage all banging on about how the polls are platforming Reform in the GE campaign ( as with UKIP we all know a load of votes doesn't mean a load of seats - currently GBN treating its viewers to presenter Ben Leo soiling himself in public by telling two of the most senior pollsters they aren't doing their jobs properly - if it is a load of votes = no seats we could treated to Reform campaigning for PR to be brought in.

Stop it with the critical thinking nonsense there is nothing whatsoever special about the way you digest information and spit it out other than a smugness that belies your inability to empathise with others.

Working class people thrown on to the rubbish heap haven't the ability to critical think but they do however have the right to vote, Brexit happened because instead of listening to them the political class and their friends sneered at them.

Personally i just love the Irony of remainers claiming how clever they are and how stupid and easily led the rest are.

I'm not sure what to call people who don't see something coming, don't see the need to react to stop it happening just in case and are incapable of convincing easily led people.

It doesn't seem that clever to me.

Personally i just love the Irony of remainers claiming how clever they are and how stupid and easily led the rest are.

I'm not sure what to call people who don't see something coming, don't see the need to react to stop it happening just in case and are incapable of convincing easily led people.

It doesn't seem that clever to me.

This is a pretty bad take isn't it?

Not sure why you think it's the responsibility of private citizens to convince simpletons why voting for the pet project of privileged privately educated millionaires is a bad idea.

I struck up a conversation with a bloke handing out a free newspaper a few weeks ago, it started by me showing him the Wikipedia article to it and asking if that was the newspaper he was giving out.

It's a far right newspaper started by a flat-earther that spreads conspiracy theories and complete falsehoods.

His immediate response was to claim that Wikipedia is owned by the CIA.

I suppose I should have wasted time trying to convince this idiot that what he believes is absolute rubbish rather than just walk on by because he's a lost cause.

Not sure why you think it's the responsibility of private citizens to convince simpletons why voting for the pet project of privileged privately educated millionaires is a bad idea.

I struck up a conversation with a bloke handing out a free newspaper a few weeks ago, it started by me showing him the Wikipedia article to it and asking if that was the newspaper he was giving out.

It's a far right newspaper started by a flat-earther that spreads conspiracy theories and complete falsehoods.

I suppose I should have wasted time trying to convince this idiot that what he believes is absolute rubbish rather than just walk on by because he's a lost cause.
It’s the age old problem of trying to convince Baldrick what his best cunning plan should be, especially in an era where lots of Baldricks can get confirmation bias from each other at the scrolling of a page.

Where did I mention it was the responsibility of private citizens? But most importantly where did I say I believed that people were stupid and easily led?

Thank god we never had 'clever clogs' posters on here trying to convince simpleton posters though, both before and after eh.

The irony keeps a coming.

Where did I mention it was the responsibility of private citizens? But most importantly where did I say I believed that people were stupid and easily led?

Thank god we never had 'clever clogs' posters on here trying to convince simpleton posters though, both before and after eh.

The irony keeps a coming.

What else would you call people who believed the lie on the bus?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.