General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Oh come on.

Flawed intelligence doesn’t constitute a war crime ffs, this meme is beyond tedious now.

Blair was the best prime minister this country has had in modern times.

That's not greatest compliment when you think about it:-)

Anyhow he did have a booming economy and pfi enabling a jolly good splurge.

That's not greatest compliment when you think about it:-)

Anyhow he did have a booming economy and pfi enabling a jolly good splurge.

I’m in my mid 30s and grew up under New Labour.

I can only comment from my own personal observations but this country has got measurably shitter in every single way since the Conservatives got in.

I realise being a supporter of Tony Blair will probably get me lynched on here.

I guess you can write anything you want in a manifesto when you know you don’t need to actually action any of it, and the only people you’re targeting is students in Bristol.
I still remember a debate one afternoon on the BBC in the run-up to the 1992 GE between Norman Lamont (Conservative), John Smith (Labour), and Alan Beith (Lib Dem). Beith - who I recall was a nice, well respected bloke - was promising far more to the electorate than either Lamont or Smith. John Smith's response was quality and along the lines of "With all due respect to Alan Beith, he's got no chance of being part of the next government whereas I have every chance so he can promise whatever he likes!"

Oh come on.

Flawed intelligence doesn’t constitute a war crime ffs, this meme is beyond tedious now.

There is a big difference between flawed and fabricated lol. Blair started off great, but left office under a big cloud. In fairness, whether you and other still like him or not its indisputable that he did enormous damage to the trust in UK politicians.

I’m in my mid 30s and grew up under New Labour.

I can only comment from my own personal observations but this country has got measurably shitter in every single way since the Conservatives got in.

I realise being a supporter of Tony Blair will probably get me lynched on here.
Blair kertowing to George W Gump damaged his legacy.

He may have gone down as one of the best PMs for a lot of the social stuff he introduced. He improved work/life balance for millions. But I can't forgive him for being a lapdog and profiting from it.

Blair kertowing to George W Gump damaged his legacy.

He may have gone down as one of the best PMs for a lot of the social stuff he introduced. He improved work/life balance for millions. But I can't forgive him for being a lapdog and profiting from it.

You’re entitled to see it that way and I know lots of others do too.

I disagree, and that’s ok.

Oh come on.

Nope. Buck stops with him. Before he took us into a war that cost thousands of lives he shouldve been 100% sure. He wasnt.
Worse still, he was bush’s lap dog in the whole thing.

Given hes a religious man i hope he knows hes going down and not up when his times up.

Hes an odious creep

You’re entitled to see it that way and I know lots of others do too.

I disagree, and that’s ok.
I preferred Brown but he didn't have the charisma that Blair has.

He should have called an election after the Somerset floods as his decisive action won a lot of hearts and minds in a part of the country that would usually go lib dem/Tory at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.