General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
It's a decent wage in fairness

It’s a decent wage indeed, it’s ballpark what I make, but it’s slap bang in the “hard working families” bracket.

Someone earning 50k with a family to support and a mortgage to pay won’t find themselves with a lot of money left over at the end of the month and it isn’t these people we should be taking money off.

By all means tax the billionaires more but hiking up the taxes of the middle class reeks of wishy washy far left dogma who think anyone earning more than minimum wage is an evil capitalist.

Anyway not that it matters as the Green Party are irrelevant.

It’s a decent wage indeed, it’s ballpark what I make, but it’s slap bang in the “hard working families” bracket.

Someone earning 50k with a family to support and a mortgage to pay won’t find themselves with a lot of money left over at the end of the month and it isn’t these people we should be taking money off.

By all means tax the billionaires more but hiking up the taxes of the middle class reeks of wishy washy far left dogma who think anyone earning more than minimum wage is an evil capitalist.

Everyone wants better services no one wants to pay for it, nothing has changed really.

And once in that bracket of circa 50k you get additional help like lower earners so that evens itself out. Hammering people on £50k a year is a ridiculous thing to say theyll do

The greens really are loons

Presumably, the increased tax will only be earnings above 50K so if you are actually earning 50K, you won't see any difference.

In fairness it goes way further back. You only have to go to war criminal blair and his monumental lies to not trust politicians

Oh come on.

Flawed intelligence doesn’t constitute a war crime ffs, this meme is beyond tedious now.

Blair was the best prime minister this country has had in modern times.

The problem is that it is the lower paid who are paying the most relatively speaking.

Yep I agree, as long as the Tories kept enough of those with a bit(it's always a bit, I do okay or but look at ....... etc) they were fine.

Then circumstances and their own shite morality did for them. We are getting what is akin to the old tory wets probably.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.