General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Sorry you are looking far too deeply into it, basically the poster can vote however they want and they can be as sure as sure can be that he isn't gonna be responsible for letting the Tories in. Its that simple really.

Personally I couldn't vote for Starmer he has shown he doesn't care much for the public, was a disgrace on palenstine. We are getting him anyhow I will just vote for the party I believe in most.

I disagree.

I understand that's your argument, but I believe that you do have some responsibility for letting the Tories in.

I disagree.

I understand that's your argument, but I believe that you do have some responsibility for letting the Tories in.

So the whole population should vote Labour, in fact why not only have 2 parties.

We will never agree mainly because you are trying your best not to. I will personally be voting Green and getting Labour, thats just the way it is. No problems, can we leave it there please.

Yeah no answer to the chances as expected, move on I think it's definitely dishonesty with you so i won't be bothering.

I outlined a scenario in which a single vote determined the outcome of a General Election. You can argue the scenario is improbable, even wildly improbable, but you cannot state it is impossible, and on that basis I’m afraid you lose.

I outlined a scenario in which a single vote determined the outcome of a General Election. You can argue the scenario is improbable, even wildly improbable, but you cannot state it is impossible, and on that basis I’m afraid you lose.

Hence as sure as sure can be sorry you lose. Improbable haha fuckin hell, never ever be a bookie my friend:-)

Anyhow come on the Dutch.

Interesting poll. There has been some debate on the Greens attracting soft Tory voters and establishing themselves in traditional Tory suburbs - especially those who are comfy with LibDems. Not sure this will plan out in July, but it will be interesting to see if there are any Green trends.

In a poll paid for by the Green Party...

Sorry you are looking far too deeply into it, basically the poster can vote however they want and they can be as sure as sure can be that he isn't gonna be responsible for letting the Tories in. Its that simple really.

Personally I couldn't vote for Starmer he has shown he doesn't care much for the public, was a disgrace on palenstine. We are getting him anyhow I will just vote for the party I believe in most.

I agree with you in the sense that in an ideal world this is the way it should be.

The problem is that the electorate is a bit traumatised. Every election we generally have about 60% voting for left wing parties and 40% voting for right wing parties. And yet we’ve had 33 years out of the last 45 under the Conservatives.

The thing is that your philosophy works well if everybody abides by it and votes in good faith. But if there is a big enough contingent whose sole mission is to prevent your philosophy from working, then the other options will quite literally never get in government again. A big enough group of people can just exist to block the will of those voting in good faith.

That’s similar, (though not exactly the same) as what we’ve had and is the reason why people won’t do what you suggest.

So a thread about elections has been derailed by people who don't see the point in voting in elections... but feel the need to come on the thread trying to stir up apathy.

Was just looking at the odds for Jezza in Islington. He was 1/4 the other week. Now him and Labour are pratically evens each. Was watching a video of Owen Jones in his constituency, Feeling is some folk don't even know he's left Labour and could just tick the Labour box.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.