General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
So a thread about elections has been derailed by people who don't see the point in voting in elections... but feel the need to come on the thread trying to stir up apathy.

A few comments in a 323 page thread is hardly derailing, also the discussion was about who to vote for not about not voting. So to summarise people discussing voting in.......... wait for it Vic........ in a general election thread.

Well done Vic.

We get parody candidates like count binface, raving lord such and nigel farage

Japan get a man dressed as the joker whose campaign posters are naked models with his head covering their bits

pic in spoiler for those sensitive to naked flesh

GQfJueKakAAgf1T.jpg
Modern politics is ridiculoisly unserious

We get parody candidates like count binface, raving lord such and nigel farage

Japan get a man dressed as the joker whose campaign posters are naked models with his head covering their bits

pic in spoiler for those sensitive to naked flesh

Modern politics is ridiculoisly unserious

Thankfully in the UK and Japan we live in a free society where our electoral systems can be openly ridiculed without fear of people being arrested, beaten or murdered.

I wonder how Count Binface or Joker Titman would get on in Russia!

I see a lot of comments online saying “Labour are going to put taxes up/Labour scare the shit out of me/Labour are going to take away my life savings” mainly from Conservative voters. Despite Labour’s insistence they won’t increase income tax, NI or VAT and their manifesto only including new taxes on private schools and non-doms. These comments appear to be based on well… absolutely no evidence.

I wonder if these same people will admit they were wrong if in 5 years time we look back and see they didn’t increase any taxes? Or the tax burden actually fell over the whole time? Or that their savings are safe and sound? Or will they just trot out the same line again that Labour are going to put taxes through the roof in 2029?

I know the answer to this question, of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.