General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 167 59.4%
  • Conservative

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 25 8.9%
  • Reform

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Green Party

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 29 10.3%

• Total voters
Yeah but can be misleading. My local hospital has a large A&E dept with a consultant always on hand. There is no waiting for treatment or a bed and it is excellent. However they do not offer several services which helps to pay for the A&E. I need extensive orthopedic care for my hips and spine. Not available at the nhs hospital so I have to go once a fortnight to a private hospital paid for on a case by case basis by the nhs.
Local budget decisions are crucial to what sevice you receive.
Years ago, I designed a fact based algorithm for a large nhs trust to help them decide on budgets. It replaced a system of “he who shouts loudest” for decisions between departments. The clinical heads loved it and it was adopted by 5 trusts with great success.
Every ED in the country has a consultant working. No ED in the country has a zero wait time for treatment. Every NHS trust in the country has a bed crisis.

Yeah but can be misleading. My local hospital has a large A&E dept with a consultant always on hand. There is no waiting for treatment or a bed and it is excellent. However they do not offer several services which helps to pay for the A&E. I need extensive orthopedic care for my hips and spine. Not available at the nhs hospital so I have to go once a fortnight to a private hospital paid for on a case by case basis by the nhs.
Local budget decisions are crucial to what sevice you receive.
Years ago, I designed a fact based algorithm for a large nhs trust to help them decide on budgets. It replaced a system of “he who shouts loudest” for decisions between departments. The clinical heads loved it and it was adopted by 5 trusts with great success.
The waiting lists show how bad the state of the NHS is too though.

We should have our own nationalised R&D sector that makes and creates drugs at cost price, whilst selling to the international market at market rates. That’d create funding to be spent elsewhere.

The postcode lottery will always be there unless local trusts are removed altogether.

Thanks and I will, I remember pre 97 and virtually no waiting lists and if there were they moved fast, what changed? It’s a complex issue and it also comes from LA funding being decimated so they could not provide care like they used to, where do the people go? The NHS of course
See my example at#291. You need to be much more critical than sloganising unless you are a politician! Get some facts, then decide.

The waiting lists show how bad the state of the NHS is too though.

We should have our own nationalised R&D sector that makes and creates drugs at cost price, whilst selling to the international market at market rates. That’d create funding to be spent elsewhere.

The postcode lottery will always be there unless local trusts are removed altogether.
That would be great, but big pharma in crucial markets would object.
I don’t think it is desirable to abolish local trusts. GPs need to influence their local hospital.

That would be great, but big pharma in crucial markets would object.
I don’t think it is desirable to abolish local trusts. GPs need to influence their local hospital.
Big business across the board needs putting back in its place. It’s probably the biggest reason we are all where we are worldwide.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.