General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Hasn't that gone down recently? Still well ahead but I don't think it's 20 anymore.
It won't be 20 by the time the GE rolls around. I'd take 10 now. Tories deserve an absolute kicking. But with full right wing media support it's always an uphill battle for labour. Sunak could spend the next year kicking dogs and the usual rags would all still provide positive coverage.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the Scottish Vote, the SNP in turmoil with the allegations around their finances will this potentially open up an inroad for the Westminster parties to get back into Scotland when it has been dominated by the SNP. Could help Labour if so.
Agreed Scotland turned SNP and it would help Labour who badly need those votes

Initially I thought a landslide labour victory but I’m not so sure now, the Tories with their “stop the boats” campaign aided by some media have a strong vote winner in this campaign
Unfortunately racism is alive and well “it’s the fault of immigrants we can’t have a doctors appointment in some parts of the UK” etc.
I said to someone complaining “are you sure it’s not your English accent she (lives in Wales) she hadn’t thought of that one but voted Tory at the last GE“ it went very quiet racism or disadvantaged by your accent is systemic One of the greatest buzz words is racism and labour will have to work really hard to turn it around

There is only one party in British politics that has proven to be wholly incapable of “stopping the boats”. It’s the one who is in power right now and has been since the boats started many years ago. What is another five years going to do for them that they couldn’t have done already?

But, as you have highlighted, it’s all racist dog whistling. Talking about boats makes for a nice euphemism. It’s easier to talk about “stopping boats” than it is to talk about their actual opinion. Which is that drowning refugee children fleeing war torn countries is acceptable collateral to stop a brown person from taking your GP appointment.

The Tories are in complete free fall and are looking at being in opposition after 2024. How long do you think Sunak will hold out for before calling a general election? There is talk they will do it when inflation has dropped to their target figure and then try bribe us with a tax cut.

Normally we go to the poles around May time or do you see this bunch of shysters holding on to power to the bitter end in deepest December of next year?

They have untill 28th Jan 2025 to hold out

A winter election like the last had a 67% turnout still higher tand 2001/2005/2010

Last time was fought on Johnson promising on brexit being done which brought a lot of the public to the ballot box. I remember when the exit pole came out that night they were saying that the majority the Conservatives had would mean a never before swing in vote would be required for Labour to win at this coming election. This is some self destruction from the Tories if it does happen, you look at what has happened in this parliament you can understand why.

The Tories are in complete free fall and are looking at being in opposition after 2024. How long do you think Sunak will hold out for before calling a general election? There is talk they will do it when inflation has dropped to their target figure and then try bribe us with a tax cut.

Normally we go to the poles around May time or do you see this bunch of shysters holding on to power to the bitter end in deepest December of next year?
Post-September could be very likely as that would allow quite large sums of £ to be raised at September conference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.