General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
I'd expect November or early December - the current govt get Christmas off, and Labour have to start with the holiday period.

Pushing it to January could mean a very short campaign - I doubt any party will be knocking on doors over Christmas as it'll just annoy voters.

I'll go May - things will be so bad for the Party and Sunak personally over the winter he runs the risk of a confidence vote - he will have a sub 60 seat majority by then which will make him more vulnerable to 22 c'ttee letters as fewer will be needed - un-met promises will have come home to roost shit you could have pensioners or kids freezing or starving to death if its a bad winter and already "his" press have started to turn on him. I don't believe he will want to face another conference so won't go the distance.

I'll go May - things will be so bad for the Party and Sunak personally over the winter he runs the risk of a confidence vote - he will have a sub 60 seat majority by then which will make him more vulnerable to 22 c'ttee letters as fewer will be needed - un-met promises will have come home to roost shit you could have pensioners or kids freezing or starving to death if its a bad winter and already "his" press have started to turn on him. I don't believe he will want to face another conference so won't go the distance.
after the election he will be gone anyway, they will go truss2.0 or some such loon np matter

after the election he will be gone anyway, they will go truss2.0 or some such loon np matter

Assuming post sunak they double down on the lunacy you've got to wonder how it will impact the political landscape going forward.

You'll have an authoritarian hard right party that will naturally appeal to maybe 20% of the population and then increase from that depending on how crap the government of the day is but maybe with a lower ceiling than the old conservative party depending on quite how unpleasant/barking they are.

Assuming Starmer continues to steer his current course you'll have a centre/centre-right party that may become a home for those unprepared to lie in bed with whatever the Tories are becoming. It will be interesting to see how many of those people head for the Lib Dems v Labour.

But once the relief of getting rid of the current government disappates you'll potentially have a not insignificant number of left leaning people not happy with the Labour party especially if Labour leave certain aspects of Conservative legislation and policy intact.

If the Conservatives continue to insist on setting fire to themselves as well as the country, it's hard to see how we remain in the recent political status quo.

I tend to agree.

The supreme court verdict on the government appealing the illegality of their Rwanda will decide if they win.

Also felt like their conference was full on electioneering as will be Labours today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.