General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 57.2%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 39 8.4%
  • Reform

Votes: 70 15.1%
  • Green Party

Votes: 27 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 51 11.0%

• Total voters
The “they’re all the same” crowd just baffle me endlessly.

So Angela Rayner and Jacob Rees-Mogg are “the same”.

Errrr yeah… sure mate… whatever vacuous bollocks you have to tell yourself…

i find it utterly astounding that anyone can think Raynor is fit for office. Truly frightening.

There have been around 1.7m mortgages taken out since Truss’s budget so where the 3.5m came from is anyone’s guess. The impact of Truss would have been felt in end Q3 and in to Q4 2022, around 136,000 people who remortgaged at higher fixed rates that were a consequence of the mini budget. At time of mini budget 2 yr fixed rates where 4.74 peaking 4 weeks later to 6.65. In the immediate aftermath of the mini budget the pound tumbled, the BoE raised rates to compensate for the extra risk. In short it had become more risky to lend money to the UK following on from Truss’s policy announcements.

Inflation was already high and there was a realisation in the markets that it was sticky. Interest rates around the world rose in response which started early in 2022 peaking globally summer last year and remain high, although we may see a cut next month.
1720008550813.png

Add all three blue bits

What a fucking weird election this has been so far.
Thank fuck it’s over tomorrow and this awful Government will be consigned to history.
I keep hearing about a Labour “supermajority” and whether that will be a good or a bad thing - it seems to be the only argument being advanced by Sunak & Co. Typically and probably unsurprisingly, it’s all total bollocks as there’s no such thing. Supermajority is a feature of US politics (2/3 majority vote needed on certain matters) but doesn’t exist in Westminster. Starmer and Labour will be able to pass legislation on a simple majority and will have no problems in implementing its programme.
The press and media coverage has been fucking dire.
Labour will have their work cut out but I wish them well for all our sakes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.