General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 57.2%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 39 8.4%
  • Reform

Votes: 70 15.1%
  • Green Party

Votes: 27 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 51 11.0%

• Total voters
Time will tell if there a difference, I’m saying won’t be a difference
It’ll be the same old story ‘they left us skint’ … ‘we can’t do this now, there’s no money’ …. ‘that last lot didn’t tell the truth’ .. heard it all before, there will be no difference. One thing for certain, they’ll all get richer.

i find it utterly astounding that anyone can think Raynor is fit for office. Truly frightening.

I think, inadvertently, you just proved my point.

Though I’m not sure how you’re measuring fitness for office beyond “their opinion differs from mine”.

If we apply the standard of “follow the law” as a bare minimum to be fit for office (which seems reasonable), then Rees-Mogg is somebody who the Supreme Court judged had unlawfully misled the Queen about the prorogation of Parliament. So not sure why he would escape a mention in that particular conversation.

I think, inadvertently, you just proved my point.

Though I’m not sure how you’re measuring fitness for office beyond “their opinion differs from mine”.

If we apply the standard of “follow the law” as a bare minimum to be fit for office (which seems reasonable), then Rees-Mogg is somebody who the Supreme Court judged had unlawfully misled the Queen about the prorogation of Parliament. So not sure why he would escape a mention in that particular conversation.

Heaven forbid we'd have someone involved in government who's shown the spirit, the nouse and the discipline to get her life on track and make something of herself after a less than auspicious start.

Much better to be governed by spineless, entitled, criminal, narcissistic twats who've got better accents.

As I’ve said previously on this topic… There is currently a greater chance of asylum applicants drowning in the Channel than being sent to Rwanda.

Now as poor as Rwanda’s human rights record might be, I suspect death may be a stronger deterrent.

So it begs the question, if a small chance of death doesn’t stop them coming, why do Tories think a small chance of being sent to Rwanda will?
They don't think it will deter migrants.
They think such a policy will win them votes from the xenophobic/racist elements in society that might otherwise be tempted to vote Reform/UKIP etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.