General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Spot on. This notion that every person who votes Labour today is some rabid Tory-hating left wing loon is part of the problem why the Tories are in such a mess. For as long as I can remember, General Elections in this country have been decided on who the majority of the centre ground vote for. Win the centrist vote and you basically win the election. And the fact is that - over the past 5 years in particular - the Tories have seriously pissed off the centrists as well as pretty much everyone else in the country.

TBF it’s no different to the posters on here who just label Tory voters as cunts.

Why do you think gas prices went up? Is it because we suddenly started needing to replace Russian sourced gas and refined products due to sanctions on account of them invading Ukraine. So when Germany et al are running around trying to buy non-Russian origin products what do you think happens to the prices of said non-Russian origin products? The energy companies didn’t dictate those prices although it did increase their profits for sure.

Now I’m an advocate of free markets and where the UK (and others) went wrong was providing support for peoples energy bills at this time - can’t afford it? Use less. Simple supply and demand, this benefits everyone.

As a footnote. During covid same energy companies lost over £20bn I don’t recall seeing any collection buckets to support them then.
During covid they may have. They certainly slapped everyones arses since and their profits have been obscene while people suffer high bills. Fuck energy companies.

The decision to discharge untested patients from hospitals to care homes without doubt caused the disease to spread in communities which were most at risk.

So the answer to your question is probably “not kill people”

Now Mrs MB was discharging those patients. They didn’t have tests that worked quickly, so even if they tested - waited 3 days for results - then discharged - the patient may well have contracted COVID in the 3 days they waited.

But I’ll pass on your kind messages about her killing folk. You seem to know best.

Wonder how many people gripe about paying tax when they or a loved one is lay on the floor waiting four or five hours for an ambulance? Or lay on a trolley in A&E for sixteen hours ? From personal experience the money in your bank account matters not one iota when the above happens.
I don’t actually think we need to pay more tax (although a 1p rise wouldn’t bother me) the money needs to be spent better there’s far too much waste on shit.

Why do you think gas prices went up? Is it because we suddenly started needing to replace Russian sourced gas and refined products due to sanctions on account of them invading Ukraine. So when Germany et al are running around trying to buy non-Russian origin products what do you think happens to the prices of said non-Russian origin products? The energy companies didn’t dictate those prices although it did increase their profits for sure.

Now I’m an advocate of free markets and where the UK (and others) went wrong was providing support for peoples energy bills at this time - can’t afford it? Use less. Simple supply and demand, this benefits everyone.

As a footnote. During covid same energy companies lost over £20bn I don’t recall seeing any collection buckets to support them then.

I think you'll find it was due to China buying a lot of gas 4 months before the war started that had the major effect on prices. It wasn't just the war that caused the huge increase.

Can't agree with you on this. Old people die when they can't afford to heat their homes. We've got to support people.

Don’t agree at all with your middle paragraph, no way at all should the poorest in society have been given no support, in fact they should have probably been given more, what shouldn’t have happened was the richest in society also getting support, it should have been means tested, but once again this government just couldn’t do anything correctly.
They’ve fucked up everything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.