General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Happy the Tories will be gone but feels like it’s a few years too late. The damage they’ve caused during the last 14 years is so deep that it will take a long time for a recovery. They’ve basically taken us from the Premier League to non-league.

This is what Labour are basically walking into:

360_F_535279446_FILk4bj7ImnRjUgwnRrWTtvGQ0wAxHZc.jpg

If you look closely there’s a few zombies walking round going ‘I’m still voting conservative!’ & ‘Don’t vote Labour!’.
Arndale June ‘96.

Didn't ask me to do any of that, just told them my address showed my driving licence and put my cross on the voting form they handed me popped it in the ballot box. Quite straight forward really.
What is going on I wonder.

A person can actually petition against an electoral result if they think it is fraudulent. If i was asked and others have not been, i wonder if that is reason to go ahead and make a real sone and dance about the ridiculousness of the current legislation.

The phrase has been coined by the media and seized upon by all and sundry.
To say a lack of opposition is a good thing is ridiculous.

We need a strong opposition to keep the govt on their toes.
Had labour been weak the Tories would have done as they pleased for the last 5 years.
That's never good wherever your allegiances are.
You mean they were restrained?...

Yes.
Counted as spoilt.

My point is if the count of spoiled ballot papers becomes significant,someone somewhere might ask themselves why people would take the trouble to go to a polling station to just spoil their ballot.
Ok mate, didn't know that.
Can't see the system changing, even with 20% of the ballot spoilt just as an example. The government will always get in.
Costs nothing to be civil to the old lady at the booth though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.