General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Didn't ask me to do any of that, just told them my address showed my driving licence and put my cross on the voting form they handed me popped it in the ballot box. Quite straight forward really.
We were just talking about @Rascal posts at home and the wife what’s the number for at the side of your name when you go in and register? Funnily enough the 2 blokes this morning gave each other the wife’s number incorrectly and I had to tell him he needed to change it. No idea what it’s for the though.

Fair comment, he doesn't come across that way. Just surprised by his actions and words in the polling station to someone just doing a job.
Its more not knowing their job. They will have received the Electoral Commission handbook, if they valued democracy they should have known that something introduced in 2017 was not an ancient law and explained it to me rather than being flippant. Read it yourself and especially the section on how to treat disabled voters. i believe she was negligent in her democratic duty and whilst my choice of language was poor, it was more frustration at how stupid our voting laws have become. They are depriving people of their democratic mandate and that fucks me off.

As Albert Camus said

"be careful, when a democracy is sick, fascism comes to its bedside, but it is not to inquire about its health"

I went to vote, handed in my polling card and showed my driving licence, the woman says "whats your name" I say " its on the card right there" she says to me you have to say it out aloud,its some ancient law. my reply was "Bugs fucking bunny, stick it up your arse" and i walked out.

Got home, checked the legislation and read the Fat **** Eric fat **** Pickles report on electoral reform. Then read the Electoral commission handbook for polling stations and indeed since 2017 you have to state your name and address. How the fuck are you supposed to vote if you cannot speak, or are deaf and dumb etc, These people can no longer vote according to the law.

What a fucking piss take this shower has been.

Why not just say your name?

I can’t hate him. I think he’s a decent fella.

He isn't at the level of Boris and Cameron in terms of ****, but remember this is a guy who already has all the money someone would ever fucking need so he doesn't need to be as corrupt as those fuckers. But he's still doing his best to play the system. He is so detached with the real world he can never truly represent people in this country.

He will resign and move to the States within a few months.

We were just talking about @Rascal posts at home and the wife what’s the number for at the side of your name when you go in and register? Funnily enough the 2 blokes this morning gave each other the wife’s number incorrectly and I had to tell him he needed to change it. No idea what it’s for the though.
I was just going to check what those numbers were, but thought, they kept my polling card. What is to stop them registering a vote in my name. If the result in my constituency is a 1 vote win, i will petition the electoral commission to rerun the election.

I went to vote, handed in my polling card and showed my driving licence, the woman says "whats your name" I say " its on the card right there" she says to me you have to say it out aloud,its some ancient law. my reply was "Bugs fucking bunny, stick it up your arse" and i walked out.

Got home, checked the legislation and read the Fat **** Eric fat **** Pickles report on electoral reform. Then read the Electoral commission handbook for polling stations and indeed since 2017 you have to state your name and address. How the fuck are you supposed to vote if you cannot speak, or are deaf and dumb etc, These people can no longer vote according to the law.

What a fucking piss take this shower has been.
You do come across as one of those "the Government is secretly after me" types.

The authorities don't give a shit about you. Just say your damn name next time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.