General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Cameron didn't read the room, a mate of mine actually thought all migrants would be deported, he had no other criteria to vote "leave" other than that. He's a Labour supporter as well, self employed Greyhound Trainer, works very hard, misguided.

I agree on Cameron. I also saw live the moment Johnson and Gove got told they had won and could now withdraw us from the EU they both looked shocked but not with delight. I still to this day believe Johnson’s objective was to position himself nearer the top of the Conservative Party than winning the brexit vote itself

Cause people don’t know how to budget , take advantage of them there should be there for genuine people

I helped in 1 and saw it loads

I said I’d go on what courses was needed to help people budget but was told no

The major use of food banks grew when suddenly people's mortgage or rent went up by almost x 2 - their weekly shop went up by the same multiplier. Energy costs went mental - my combined energy use over the two winter quarters to £3.5k - last quarter it was £500 not only can I not figure that I had to steady myself and remember Spring quarter used to be just South or just North of £300.

Other costs went up too but throughout that time there was a Govt who said wage increases were inflationary - who actively prevented wage rises in sectors they could intervene in having spent 12+ years holding those wages down - meanwhile they removed the cap on bankers bonuses.

From the early hours its likely that they will be stunned by a big defeat and struggling to understand where it all went wrong for them.

Out. Of. Touch. Out. Of. Office.

She didn't know her job. Do you think democracy is unimportant and should be left to amateurs to run our voting system.

I have voted in every election since 1983 and not once have i been asked that question, i found it to be discriminatory because what if i could not speak.

People have died getting us the vote and as a passionate believer in democracy, it appals me that because somebody who would not have been able to answer the question would have been denied a vote, whilst others were not questioned and allowed to vote.

If you think that makes me an absolute arse and toddler i couldn't give two fucks, i value democracy, you obviously do not.

It’s probably someone who misinterpreted the rules. That’s it.

It’s not a conspiracy to bring down democracy. It’s a mistake.

I think it does make you a toddler, that your experience of voting wasn’t perfect. Imagine if those who fought for the vote took the same approach as you?! Turning back at the first hiccup. They’d be fucking embarrassed of you.

I’d go down now and apologise to the lady (and vote as well) if you had any self respect

Patel
Rees-Mogg
Truss

Pretty much in that order
Difficult to argue with, but surely braverman should be in there...
Picking just 3 is too difficult
Yes.
Counted as spoilt.

My point is if the count of spoiled ballot papers becomes significant,someone somewhere might ask themselves why people would take the trouble to go to a polling station to just spoil their ballot.
I have spoiled my vote a few times in General Elections (though in Northern Ireland it is a bit different), though I have made a point of making sure that those who might have expected or hoped for my support know exactly WHY they didn't get it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.