General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
I went to vote, handed in my polling card and showed my driving licence, the woman says "whats your name" I say " its on the card right there" she says to me you have to say it out aloud,its some ancient law. my reply was "Bugs fucking bunny, stick it up your arse" and i walked out.

Got home, checked the legislation and read the Fat **** Eric fat **** Pickles report on electoral reform. Then read the Electoral commission handbook for polling stations and indeed since 2017 you have to state your name and address. How the fuck are you supposed to vote if you cannot speak, or are deaf and dumb etc, These people can no longer vote according to the law.

What a fucking piss take this shower has been.
Idiot

Some good points but I know plenty of working class labour supporters who voted for Brexit.

So do I. My mother and father in laws biggest concern is the influx of legal and illegal entrants into the country. I meet a few friends every fortnight 2 of them now admit they were wrong about brexit and how it would effect the country financially.

It is a disgrace that food banks are seen as normal , so much so even labour didnt go at the tories on that as well but then i guess there were so many other things to go at them for
Cause people don’t know how to budget , take advantage of them there should be there for genuine people

I helped in 1 and saw it loads

I said I’d go on what courses was needed to help people budget but was told no

Yes, they have.

This fucking stinks to high heaven. I have never been asked before and was shocked to be asked today that is why i have been home and done the research.
So you wasted your vote and were rude to someone just trying to do their job just to try and prove a point. Sounds like you had a really productive day. Lol

Have waited for this day for years but now it’s come I’m not really arsed. What we will get is slightly better than what’s gone before but nothing like what’s needed.

Slightly more integrity
One or two policies better
Many of them very similar
No change in our relationship with Europe.

Maybe I will be surprised. Hope so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.