General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Completely missed what happened in Stratford when I fell asleep at 5am, but made up to wake up and find that the Tories were routed. Saw my local councillor at the polling station when I voted yesterday and he was confident they would win, which didn’t surprise me, but I didn’t expect a majority of over 7,000. Pretty mental.

Especially pleased with Truss and Rees-Mogg losing their seats, in particular the former who is a truly awful human being with nothing to redeem her. I sincerely hope she’s hurting today, the useless, arrogant ****.

As happy as I am about the overall outcome, I still have very mixed feelings. The winning party got barely over a third of the popular vote and will be able to do what the fuck they want for the next five years following that. That simply cannot be right, and for me, the underlying reason this country is so fucked and in such sharp decline. Doubt Starmer will do anything about it, though.

6/7 million votes and only 4 mps reform, but Lib Dem’s get less votes and 60+ seats. I know it’s the system we have, but it doesn’t seem very representative.
I've believed in PR for decades but right now fuck em. We needed these cunts out big style. We need to be careful of falling into the Farage trap

Exactly. He owns 53% of the party and it is utterly beholden to him in spirit and electoral necessity. Farage is willing to do some pretty grubby stuff for money, cameo videos saying up the Ra for 60 quid etc, him owning a company like that will tempt his worst instincts. I also think he will be an awful MP. He has not done well under the scrutiny of his policies these last few weeks. Clacton is about to have a very disinterested MP.
Yep a grifting, fascist **** nailed in one

I've believed in PR for decades but right now fuck em. We needed these cunts out big style. We need to be careful of falling into the Farage trap
I agree we needed the tories out, but even looking at labours vote share. They got 34% of the vote and 400 seats.

I actually voted for the Lib Dem’s, but to me it doesn’t seem representative of most of the country.

Seems odd that you only get 34% of the vote , but get 60% of MPs & if your party comes 4th % wise you get approx 20 times as many MPs as the 3rd % party . But as we are the only country in Europe apart from Belarus with FPTP maybe not .

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.