General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Completely missed what happened in Stratford when I fell asleep at 5am, but made up to wake up and find that the Tories were routed. Saw my local councillor at the polling station when I voted yesterday and he was confident they would win, which didn’t surprise me, but I didn’t expect a majority of over 7,000. Pretty mental.

Especially pleased with Truss and Rees-Mogg losing their seats, in particular the former who is a truly awful human being with nothing to redeem her. I sincerely hope she’s hurting today, the useless, arrogant ****.

As happy as I am about the overall outcome, I still have very mixed feelings. The winning party got barely over a third of the popular vote and will be able to do what the fuck they want for the next five years following that. That simply cannot be right, and for me, the underlying reason this country is so fucked and in such sharp decline. Doubt Starmer will do anything about it, though.
Labours result in 2019 was their worst since 1935. This time it is their best ever, yet their vote share went up by a minuscule amount. About a third of the country voted Labour yet they dominate the commons.
No doubt all the old Tory lags who lost their seats will re-appear in the Lords.
What a bonkers system.

Labours result in 2019 was their worst since 1935. This time it is their best ever, yet their vote share went up by a minuscule amount. About a third of the country voted Labour yet they dominate the commons.
No doubt all the old Tory lags who lost their seats will re-appear in the Lords.
What a bonkers system.

It'll be harder now - the dissolution honours gave a handful peerages out. No real problem in Theresa May and Alok Sharma, and also the Crag Mackinlay (the bionic MP) who all at least will add something.

Not sure Brady and Grayling add much. Laing may be useful for Parliamentary reform plans.

The less said about the Sunak chief of staff the better.

Labour have 8 going into the Lords too.
May going in presumably means both she and Cameron avoid the wait for knighthoods/damehoods (presumably), Brown got CH but isn't knighted. Next one along is Johnson, and I doubt anyone much has interest in giving him anything.

Completely missed what happened in Stratford when I fell asleep at 5am, but made up to wake up and find that the Tories were routed. Saw my local councillor at the polling station when I voted yesterday and he was confident they would win, which didn’t surprise me, but I didn’t expect a majority of over 7,000. Pretty mental.

Especially pleased with Truss and Rees-Mogg losing their seats, in particular the former who is a truly awful human being with nothing to redeem her. I sincerely hope she’s hurting today, the useless, arrogant ****.

As happy as I am about the overall outcome, I still have very mixed feelings. The winning party got barely over a third of the popular vote and will be able to do what the fuck they want for the next five years following that. That simply cannot be right, and for me, the underlying reason this country is so fucked and in such sharp decline. Doubt Starmer will do anything about it, though.

Truss won’t care, do you think she would want to spend the next five years on the other side of the house sidelined with no opportunity to push her batshit crazy ideas and ambition? She’s got her guaranteed pay day for life from her disastrous premiership, she can go to the states and get involved with the MAGA think tank instead.

I'm no tory but don't see why Osborne would take any blame. The demise of the tories started with Boris and brexit. Downhill from there.

That is the truth they need to grasp. They need to ditch him, his legacy, his acolytes and acknowledge what they have done OR accept fate and be taken over by Reform Ltd to become the Nasty Party in tooth and claw

6/7 million votes and only 4 mps reform, but Lib Dem’s get less votes and 60+ seats. I know it’s the system we have, but it doesn’t seem very representative.

It’s representative of the areas where the votes were captured. You’re voting for someone to represent an area in parliament. It’s technically not just a vote for the party leader to be PM. How do you decide on representation from a popular vote? The Lib Dem’s purposely targeted seats they could actually win rather than reform which just hoped for the best.

A perspective on vote-share, for nothing but fun;

Welcome to the multi-team tournament at the Etihad, where 52k have turned up to cheer on their teams......

After 14 dismal seasons, Tory FC have still turned out 12.5k loyal fans, perhaps a surprise to many after the disastrous signings of Truss, Anderson, Pincher, Patel, Hunt and more. Management issues have dogged them, as well as nose-diving form, and they now have a huge rebuild job brought on by their own mismanagement.

AFC Labour, backed by 17.5k jubilant supporters, are the clear winners today but the new gaffer is yet to be accepted by many. Time will tell if they can steady a new-look team and grow their fanbase. Many question the two-thirds vote share AFC Labour now hold in the League.

There's no doubt that the noisy 7.5k firm from Reform, who have filled most of one end, are the new Ultras looking to stay in the division, but they'll look evermore to shock tactics to establish themselves and have more say going forwards. A dangerous trend for the sport.

Elsewhere, Lib Dem Academicals' 6.5k turnout, still much below their glory days of decades recent, look ahead to future tournaments with great joy and interest as they believe that they have performed a miracle by shrinking in size to get bigger in stature...

Amongst the remaining 10k fans, a sizeable 4k Green Thistle fans have shown a real presence at the tournament, if not quite the impact or quality. A ridiculed minor player of years gone by, the Greens are showing new shoots and could be a disruptive force in an unpredictable future landscape.....

6k also rans represent the rest of the 10 or so teams in the league and are doubtful to make an impact.

Truss likely not very bothered and is a classic example of all that is wrong with politics today. A good public speaker she is not , I think we can all agree on that point. And yet, over the last 18 months she’s received over £250k for ‘speaking’ at various events around the world, which is absolutely staggering.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/regmem/?p=24941

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.