General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Doesn’t Farage own 53% of the company behind Reform? If so, then the frog-faced **** will be coining it in
Exactly. He owns 53% of the party and it is utterly beholden to him in spirit and electoral necessity. Farage is willing to do some pretty grubby stuff for money, cameo videos saying up the Ra for 60 quid etc, him owning a company like that will tempt his worst instincts. I also think he will be an awful MP. He has not done well under the scrutiny of his policies these last few weeks. Clacton is about to have a very disinterested MP.

Edited that slightly for you.

Thanks, you might be correct for the most part.

But I know people who voted Reform that were ex Labour voters. So it's not just people who flat out refuse to vote Labour.

Either way, i think Farage is a con man. I know most of them are to a degree, so he's not alone in that but he's definitely a spiv.

I agree. I know a lot of people that voted reform as well. To get 6 or 7 million votes is pretty big.

I also agree on your last point. People aren’t voting for labour with enthusiasm - they’re vote share is pretty much the same as the last election.
I think more left leaning Labour voters stayed at home too
Low bar for Starter and that might not be a bad thing. We need humility in British politics together with pragmatism. It will need baby step gains in a first term. Let's hope they can improve the economy, bolster the public finances then begin to reinvest where it's desperately needed.
That will depend in some part on a new relationship with the EU

Millions are voting for them and they could grow a fair bit more.

Being realistic, a lot of the labour votes were just a vote against the tories because it was a shitshow. If Labour don't show clear improvement from the tories, then I wouldn't be too surprised to see another rise in support for Reform.

I know plenty of people who voted Reform, people who I'd never imagine would be voting for a party spearheaded by Farage. And we're not just talking "gammons" as some like to say, I know a pretty diverse mix of people that voted them.

I voted Labour personally, not with a great deal of confidence though, and i think that's the case for many.

Same here. Voted Labour but reckon we are just going to end up with Neoliberalism-lite with them.

In my constituency the Tory vote was split by Reform, and Labour won because of that. So maybe that's something.

I also share your concerns about Reform. Have recently been immersed in books on the far-right as a global phenomenon. It's not just happening here. Modi, Milei, Wilders, Le Pen, Trump, Bolsonaro et al. are also illustrative of this phenomenon.

Am actually depressed by this election result. I will always be opposed to politicians who dehumanise others, and that's what seems to define Reform and characters like Braverman. For example, how can a former miner like Lee Anderson castigate those on benefits when some of his former co-workers may require them for emphysema? As for his, Braverman & Farage's utterly ignorant views on asylum seekers, well I have already commented on them at length in previous posts on here.

Then there's Tice and Habib: why would anyone vote for vulture capitalists like those two?

Actually, I already know the answer to that. We're still an unevolved tribalistic species who can easily be made to turn on others (by populists in this instance) who are adept at tapping into that tendency.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.