General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Not that hard to do either, just come to an agreement with France on how to police it. It'll cost but It'll be cheaper than flying people to Rwanda. Make legal migration possible, maybe Visa based if you want to be tougher.

Tories just saw their arse and couldn't admit they need to work with France.
Will France work with us if they vote the far right in?

Not that hard to do either, just come to an agreement with France on how to police it. It'll cost but It'll be cheaper than flying people to Rwanda. Make legal migration possible, maybe Visa based if you want to be tougher.

Tories just saw their arse and couldn't admit they need to work with France.
No, that’s not true. We currently have enforcement officers in France and have paid a fair whack to the French to reinforce their border police. The French don’t seem to be keeping up their end of the bargain. The most notorious people smuggler was tracked down by the BBC, the French police made no effort to do so.
So it appears getting co-operation may not be so easy.

there will be talk about PR again, I just wish they would change the rules so anyone with an IQ less than a hundred couldn’t vote. I appreciate this means Reform, for example, would probably lose 95% of their vote but it would be more interesting. Yesterday I, and others, were all told by the polling clerk I could only vote for one person, so I said to her she shouldn’t tell people that as if they are that stupid then we probably don’t want them to vote. Tbf she agreed and literally when the next person walked in she never said it and just smiled at me :-)

They won't as they would have to take the following oath
MPs take the oath by holding the sacred text in their uplifted hand and saying the words of the oath: I swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to His Majesty King Charles, his heirs and successors, according to law.
The oath should be taken by all candidates prior to the election.

Pisses me off that MP's take the cash (I assume they do) and not turn up, it also pisses me off that so many other MP's are hardly there.

Should be paid pro rata per hour, same with exes.

The oath should be taken by all candidates prior to the election.

Pisses me off that MP's take the cash (I assume they do) and not turn up, it also pisses me off that so many other MP's are hardly there.

Should be paid pro rata per hour, same with exes.
If Keir can carry on the mantra about public service over private gain and prove it. That could finish Führage, 30p and Dick Tice before they get their feet under the members bar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.