General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Back up his word with actions.

Good speech, but will that be all it is.
When i was younger i use to be full of enthusiasm when Labour managed to get in power after the shitshow the tories use to make of running the country, hoping for change for those of us who work for a living and alas not a great deal changed. I’m hoping this time with this nation wide landslide things actually will.

I think Labour are the least worst option. My expectations of what they will do are not that high. It's quite heart warming to see some of the prominent Tories losing their seats though.

When seats are based on individual local elections, how does one accomplish proportional representation?

For instance, if I’m competing for 1 seat and I win by 1 vote, how do we “proportionally represent” that district? Or, do we get rid of those individual seats, vote only for the parties and then divvy up (say) 100 seats based on one’s party’s percentage of the vote?

That would certainly have made for a more interesting melange of representatives, and meant a coalition government would have been needed, even in this supposed parliamentary landslide election.

There is definitely more than one way to skin the cat, but do you really want a system where the votes coming out of a few large cities determine who will lord over you for the next six years?

Quandary.

Do I want a system where 30% of the population gets 30% representation, err pretty much yeah. I think they call it democracy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.