General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Explains why people like Steve Baker stood for re-election despite being relieved to lose.
Steve Baker seems to be the unfortunate product of an unholy union between Homer's enemy frank grimy and that obnoxious spiky haired estuary type that harry Enfield played.

Do I want a system where 30% of the population gets 30% representation, err pretty much yeah. I think they call it democracy.
In my view it would be chaos. Any billionaire could set up a party and get a majority or a sizeable influence at least, we'd end up like America, richest guy wins.

Better the devil you know. At the end of the day there were only 4 constituencies that said they preferred the Reform candidate over any of the others on the ballot paper, what votes they got in places where they polled less than the victor are irrelevant. Under full PR they would have over 90 more, who would they be representing?

He’d have to rock up in a Mini or a Vauxhall, otherwise he’d get pelters for arriving in a Bentley or Rolls. Or worse, a Range Rover!
Not from me. He's the Prime Minister. He should have a high quality car. And preferably one made in the UK. Be great if he had a Bentley at least a Range Rover or Jag.

Sky news appears to be as enthusiastic about a Labour victory as their entire sports network is about any of our team, players, manager, coaches, fans, celebrity fans.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.