General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 93 62.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • Green Party

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Other

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters
Perhaps the Tories can bring back rationing to help with the cost of living. In addition to spending billions on border controls and infrastructure to limit the food that we can get, imposing a three eggs a week ration will make your dwindling income stretch further and overcome self-inflicted shortages. It’s a win-win.
My sources are suggesting energy blackouts is a week 4 Tory policy.

Yes, it’s a totally valid point about prospects and one my girlfriend made in relation to the housing ladder.

That doesn’t invalidate the point about the negative impact social media and smartphones are having on young people.

It wasn't meant to invalidate your point but put into context. Social media obviously does have a huge negative influence. It amplifies the reach of misogynistic and violent culture among young men and boys.

I just don't think it's the principal cause.

The money will come from the levelling up fund designed to help regions and communities. Far better to spend this money on rounding up 18 y/o’s to sit in a nissan hut for a year in the Outer Hebrides.

I have just seen that the only paid option will be the military - the rest will be purely voluntary. And they think that will work. Commentator on SKY News just said that "this has not been militarily thought through. If just 10% of those called up choose the Armed Forces that doubles the size of the Army overnight and any thoughts you have about getting into mechanics or web designing are pie in the sky, you'll be in the Infantry"

Well I suspect thats getting the youth vote out then - just confirmed Labour will win that

This National Service idea isn’t necessarily a terrible one per se, if it was non-military and applied universally.
Yep. 1960 was the last time we had national service. That means, presumably, that the last person to do it was born in 1942 and is now 82 years old. So start with the 81 year-olds and work our way down from there. Wouldn't want anyone to miss out, would we?

The problem is that nothing works in this country anymore- transport, the courts, the health and education systems - so the reality is that this will be no different- and what sort of mug would believe that these cunts would keep their word and implement it anyway? There is absolutely fucking zero chance of that. Anyone who actually believes that is a stupid ****.
It would very quickly be used as a way to subsidise the workforce of some private business if the Tories were left in charge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.