General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Just got home and there are a few election leaflets through the door. One from Reform, another from English Democracts, who make Reform look like the Communist Party, and one from the Tories.

The Tory candidate is Rabbi Arnold Saunders, which might give the more perceptive a clue to his religion. He talks about "securing our borders", "stopping the boats" and supporting the Rwanda plan.

It's clearly slipped Rabbi Saunders' mind that 90 years ago many of my and his fellow Jews were threatened by increasing antisemitism in Europe and wanted to go somewhere safe. In fact their native countries wanted rid of them in many cases. But no one would take them though and only a few were able to get to safe havens. Six million men, women and children were murdered because they had nowhere else to go.

Rabbi Saunders is clearly a fucking hypocrite.

Last edited:
It’s always within seconds of polls closing. They count them as they go along.

The way these exit polls work is if you get asked and agree you get a mock voting slip, you select the candidate you voted for, fold it and put it in the box. Just like you did in the real poll. The “pollsters” then call the office and tell them the result on each slip. Perhaps they do do that periodically during the day in which case you’d be right. I’d be surprised though but if it’s secure I suppose it’s ok.

The way these exit polls work is if you get asked and agree you get a mock voting slip, you select the candidate you voted for, fold it and put it in the box. Just like you did in the real poll. The “pollsters” then call the office and tell them the result on each slip. Perhaps they do do that periodically during the day in which case you’d be right. I’d be surprised though but if it’s secure I suppose it’s ok.
I’m basing it on is what I remember from previous elections. Whether I’m right or not depends on whether I remembered correctly.

Edit: Looks like I was right.
https://www.channel4.com/news/factc...he-exit-poll-published-and-how-reliable-is-it

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.