General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
So just the 295 ish remaining then. The point stands.
He's losing the most moderate ones, a lot of them to the lib dems. You've criticised labour before for thinking they could lurch to the left and win an election without the centre ground.

Can Boris hold the middle ground with no centrist MPs in government or parliament while siding with Farage? Dangerous game.

He wants everything to be about Brexit, because he's gambling that with Brexit there's no centre ground to lose.

As for the Brexit Party, they can only subtract they can't add to anything Johnson has to offer.

I would wager that Boris has not spoken a single word to Farage since becoming PM and not a great deal before that.

He's losing the most moderate ones, a lot of them to the lib dems. You've criticised labour before for thinking they could lurch to the left and win an election without the centre ground.
Fair point.

Johnson was asked yesterday if the party is lurching to the right and (apparently - I didn't see the exchange) he said absolutely not, which seemed to placate the MP concerned. I hope this is true, because I agree, winning anything from the extreme left or right is very, very difficult. That's not where the electorate sit.

Maybe.

Every coin has two sides though. Another interpretation could be that despite Corbyn running the campaign of his life, and surprising everyone in doing so, and despite him bribing 50% of the young voters with promises of free tuition fees; despite him successfully using social media to great advantage and despite Theresa May proving to be absolutely abjectly awful, offering literally nothing positive whatsoever, and running THE WORST election campaign in history... A hard left Labour party *still* failed to win anything like as many seats as the Tories.

Boris, for all his many, many faults, is infinitely more popular than May. The party will NEVER run a campaign that bad. They have already started putting out campaigning messages and bribing voters with promises of more money. Cynical, perhaps. Probably. But money talks and people are shallow. Some will not be persuaded but others will.

And Corbyn's popularity is way down compared to where it was. People regard him as weak and opportunistic. And the anti-semitism dark cloud hangs over him and his party.

He's one hell of a mountain to climb from such a low base. Can he do it, i.e. is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? I don't think so.

I think would have to disagree on you on this with one fundamental aspect you failed to recognise that Boris (taking his own words from his book on Churchill) Put his shirt on a horse called No Deal Brexit by 31st October 2019. . . and his bet failed in spectacular fashion”. This was his catch line his centre piece for getting the job as PM and if he fails to do this he is toast no matter what bluff and bluster he can come up he will have had his hat nailed on.

Fair point.

Johnson was asked yesterday if the party is lurching to the right and (apparently - I didn't see the exchange) he said absolutely not, which seemed to placate the MP concerned. I hope this is true, because I agree, winning anything from the extreme left or right is very, very difficult. That's not where the electorate sit.
You've missed the fact that Johnson always lies so when he says absolutely not he means absolutely yes.

Surprised October is the fave - might be worth lumping on November!

Surely Labour will clock on that the longer BoJo has to wait the worse he looks - and the more drawn out the campaign the more scrutiny. Late November I reckon.

He wants everything to be about Brexit because he's gambling on that issue there's no centre ground to lose.

As for the Brexit Party, they can only subtract they can't add to anything he has to offer.

I would wager that Johnson has not spoken a single word to Farage since becoming PM and not a great deal before that.

Farage said as much in TV this AM.

Would BoJo have the authority to do any deal withthe BXP? Establishment tories would never sanction it. I assume they will have to lump it.

I am confused, they are saying an election will give the people a chance to have their say on Brexit.

Well what if I agree with a party with regard to Brexit but an against their other general policies?

I just don't see how this works, surely an election and Brexit need to be two seperate items.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.