General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
The only card they have....

MPs to be asked again on Monday to vote for early election, Rees-Mogg says

Jacob Rees-Mogg, the leader of the Commons, has just told MPs that on Monday the government will hold a second vote on having an early general election.

There was
a vote last night that was passed, but without the two-thirds majority needed for the vote to lead to an early general election (two thirds of all MPs would have to vote for one, not just two thirds of MPs participating in the division).

Under Commons rules the government is not meant to put motions to a vote if they have already been defeated. But government sources say that this would not apply next week because
Labour abstained last night on the grounds that the Benn bill, designed to stop a no-deal Brexit on 31 October, was not yet law. But Monday next week that bill should be law, so the circumstances will have changed, justifying a second vote.

Before MPs debate an early election on Monday, Rees-Mogg said they would also consider the remaining stages of the Benn bill, following its return from the Lords, as well as hold a debate required under the Northern Ireland (executive formation) bill.

The only card they have....

MPs to be asked again on Monday to vote for early election, Rees-Mogg says

Jacob Rees-Mogg, the leader of the Commons, has just told MPs that on Monday the government will hold a second vote on having an early general election.

There was
a vote last night that was passed, but without the two-thirds majority needed for the vote to lead to an early general election (two thirds of all MPs would have to vote for one, not just two thirds of MPs participating in the division).

Under Commons rules the government is not meant to put motions to a vote if they have already been defeated. But government sources say that this would not apply next week because
Labour abstained last night on the grounds that the Benn bill, designed to stop a no-deal Brexit on 31 October, was not yet law. But Monday next week that bill should be law, so the circumstances will have changed, justifying a second vote.

Before MPs debate an early election on Monday, Rees-Mogg said they would also consider the remaining stages of the Benn bill, following its return from the Lords, as well as hold a debate required under the Northern Ireland (executive formation) bill.
For me, Labour need to just hold back so Johnson has to suspend leaving. Would be the ultimate humiliation. He's been gobbing off about how he's 100% absolutely no question leaving on the 31st, and to force him to apply for the extension would be a thing of beauty. Soon as that's done, election.

The people you mix with, perhaps. The UK public have NEVER loved the idea and wouldn't today either.

The membership the CPGB reached its high watermark in 1943 at 60,000 and it received 103,000 votes in the 1945 General Election, leading to two elected Communist MPs. The following year the CPGB received more than 500,000 votes in local elections and boasted 200 councillors.

So never is not quite accurate ;)

Paderne in Portugal where i visit fairly regularly has a Communist councillor ;)

For me, Labour need to just hold back so Johnson has to suspend leaving. Would be the ultimate humiliation. He's been gobbing off about how he's 100% absolutely no question leaving on the 31st, and to force him to apply for the extension would be a thing of beauty. Soon as that's done, election.
I agree. I would hold off until he has asked and been given an extension at the EU Summit. Given another couple of weeks of Johnson’s leadership there will be little left of the Tory party to contest a GE.

I agree, but the question is what if Johnson refuses to request an extension, that would be illegal I'm told, but what are the ramifications of that?

I would be happy to hear others views on this, but surely we'd be in no confidence interim government country? Because one way or another that extension needs to be requested and secured, or we're crashing out October 31st, and if Johnson won't do it someone has to.

And let’s get these pigs out.

The membership the CPGB reached its high watermark in 1943 at 60,000 and it received 103,000 votes in the 1945 General Election, leading to two elected Communist MPs. The following year the CPGB received more than 500,000 votes in local elections and boasted 200 councillors.

So never is not quite accurate ;)

Paderne in Portugal where i visit fairly regularly has a Communist councillor ;)
So two MPs out of 600-odd? Result!!!

I think the statement that communist politics have never been popular in the UK, remains valid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.