General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
That is exactly what Johnson tried.

Johnson can now set the GE to change the date. This will be a undemocratic and calculated move that will ensure hard leavers vote for him and get him over the line, whilst tossing the country to the dogs in the process.

The opposition aren’t buying it, they can wait 2 months and kill the fucker and his wretched party.
Eh????

How the FUCK can
  • Calling a general election, standing on a ticket of "this is what I am going to do, vote for me if you want"
  • winning
  • and then DOING IT,
be "undemocractic"???

Some of the thinking on here is so fucked up, it beggars belief.

Eh????

How the FUCK can
  • Calling a general election, standing on a ticket of "this is what I am going to do, vote for me if you want"
  • winning
  • and then DOING IT,
be "undemocractic"???

No you’ve taken off your logical remain hat since May’s gone and have gone back to your Tory hat and you’re missing the point.

Johnson would move the election date to after October 31st. This specific act would be undemocratic as it wouldn’t give the public the chance to block no deal. Do you understand?

Johnson is fucked.

Every tactic has been a disaster and now he is considerinh resigning as PM if he doesn't get his election which is his final throw of the dice as such an act insists that Jeremy is called to the palace and asked to form a government, with not much time before 31st Oct.

I now think a GE isn't gonna happen

On a side this JFC shite is embarrasing from a government.

No you’ve taken off your logical remain hat since May’s gone and have gone back to your Tory hat and you’re missing the point.

Johnson would move the election date to after October 31st. This specific act would be undemocratic as it wouldn’t give the public the chance to block no deal. Do you understand?
I can see both sides tbh. Parliament are doing the right thing in stopping Boris using points of process to push through a no deal, but in doing so they neuter him as far as any negotiation goes. Also, by offering a GE tbf Boris is offering a 'peoples vote' on what he is offering vs what the rest of Parliament is offering. I say trust the people to kick Boris out.

Johnson is fucked.

Every tactic has been a disaster and now he is considerinh resigning as PM if he doesn't get his election which is his final throw of the dice as such an act insists that Jeremy is called to the palace and asked to form a government, with not much time before 31st Oct.

I now think a GE isn't gonna happen

On a side this JFC shite is embarrasing from a government.

Johnson considering resigning? Is there any evidence of that?

I can see both sides tbh. Parliament are doing the right thing in stopping Boris using points of process to push through a no deal, but in doing so they neuter him as far as any negotiation goes. Also, by offering a GE tbf Boris is offering a 'peoples vote' on what he is offering vs what the rest of Parliament is offering. I say trust the people to kick Boris out.

There will be a GE. It’ll be after October 31st. The people wanting a GE now are desperate Tories.

Eh????

How the FUCK can
  • winning
  • and then DOING IT,
be "undemocractic"???

They have a chance to block a no deal Brexit. It doesn't block it forever, it just means that the onus goes back to negotiating a deal.

If he is elected with a majority, he can go back down the same road of trying to ruin the country.

If there's one common theme which unites both Brexit and Remain supporter alike - and I can think of no other common theme - it is that both sides are sick to the back teeth of this and want it settled one way or another.

Boris is offering the chance to vote to do just that and your lot are denying people that vote. Take the one thing that really pisses people off more than anything else, and do more of it.

Good luck with that as a strategy to win the next GE.
Boris has purged the conservative party of anyone with a brain and principles. He has advocated a 'no idea' Brexit that lacks any kind of substance. He doesn't want the WA but cant for the life of him suggest anything better other than crashing out. He is probably the worst human being we have had as a PM in recent history.
You have no idea who 'my lot are' I don't have a lot at the moment. I simply think that remaining in the EU is right thing to do for the UK and at the GE I will vote for anyone who has the best chance of achieving that goal.

There will be a GE. It’ll be after October 31st. The people wanting a GE now are desperate Tories.
I don't see the issue. Parliament has already I thought passed the legislation to stop us going no-deal and to force the pm to ask for another extension and this automatically becomes law as part of the prorogation process as I understand it? If so a GE now is fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.