General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
for example?

Exactly what is on offer if you vote Labour at the next GE and they fool enough people into believing they're not putting Len McCluskey in power.
PFBuRuB.jpg

I think they’ll kiss and make up. Boris has made his point and proved his credentials to Leave supporters. There may well be an amended WA in the offing which will allow a path back for the rebels if they can swallow some humble pie.
I really do hope so mate.

Boris must surely be thinking that's the only way out of this which doesn't also result in the end of his political career. The problems are however threefold:

1. Reassured of no possibility of a hard Brexit, the EU now has zero incentive whatsoever to offer even the tinyest crumb of compromise out of which Boris might be able to save face.

2. How on earth does Boris sell an even a microscopically modified WA to anyone, having trashed the idea so thoroughly himself? He's made an enormous rod for his own back, and

3. Even IF there's another version of May's WA back on the table, which could actually now gain a slim majority (Tories prepared to accept pretty much anything rather than see a Corbyn government) will Corbyn stand up to do what's right and accept it? Or will he as per usual, go for the opportunist self-interest ahead of the best interests of the country. We all know the answer to that one.

Whether he’s a Marxist or not it doesn’t matter, for the record he doesn’t have plans to turn Britain into a communist state.
How on earth do you know? Are you his shrink? No.

He wants "systemic change", non tinkering, being kicked out and everything being reversed again in 5 years. How do you suppose he plans on achieving that if given the once in a lifetime chance of power. If the 2008 crash was something that "I've been waiting all my life for this", and "for god's sake let's not waste it", what possibilities do you think unfettered control of UK finances will offer him.

Also, when, at 09:00 in the first morning of a Labour GE victory, the first unions go demanding a 20% pay increase, do you see him slapping them down. Or standing by them at the picket line? Britain will be closed within a month.

Dream on.

Corbyn is playing a blinder overseeing the destruction of the Tory party.

BJ will have quit before there’s a general election.

Boris must surely be thinking that's the only way out of this which doesn't also result in the end of his political career. The problems are however threefold:

1. Reassured of no possibility of a hard Brexit, the EU now has zero incentive whatsoever to offer even the tinyest crumb of compromise out of which Boris might be able to save face.

2. How on earth does Boris sell an even a microscopically modified WA to anyone, having trashed the idea so thoroughly himself? He's made an enormous rod for his own back, and

3. Even IF there's another version of May's WA back on the table, which could actually now gain a slim majority (Tories prepared to accept pretty much anything rather than see a Corbyn government) will Corbyn stand up to do what's right and accept it? Or will he as per usual, go for the opportunist self-interest ahead of the best interests of the country. We all know the answer to that one.
Desperate tory neoliberal hoping his party doesn't go full on fascist.

How on earth do you know? Are you his shrink? No.

He wants "systemic change", non tinkering, being kicked out and everything being reversed again in 5 years. How do you suppose he plans on achieving that if given the once in a lifetime chance of power. If the 2008 crash was something that "I've been waiting all my life for this", and "for god's sake let's not waste it", what possibilities do you think unfettered control of UK finances will offer him.

Also, when, at 09:00 in the first morning of a Labour GE victory, the first unions go demanding a 20% pay increase, do you see him slapping them down. Or standing by them at the picket line? Britain will be closed within a month.

There’s this revolutionary thing in politics that I think must be new, considering you’ve obviously missed it, it’s called a manifesto.

I suppose the rest of the Labour Party leadership cabal being Marxists as well doesn't matter either?

They’re not though are they?

McDonnell has previously said he is but the rest haven’t and the manifesto is a social democratic one and one in which wouldn’t be out of place in Scandinavia.

1. Quite so, which is precisely what Boris has been saying in the run up to the no deal vote, and why it’s such a big deal that the rebels supported it. However, I don’t think an extension is such a fantastic prospect for the EU either. They’ll be looking at the opinion polls as well and they run the risk of ending up with a Boris government with a workable majority and this is a nightmare scenario for them. If Boris can present a plan which is acceptable to the Irish why not make this change and get a deal that makes sense to all parties.
2. Boris has focused on the backstop and was faced with an EU which was refusing to budge. If he can point to an agreement which removes the backstop he can present this as a win and probably rely on the vast majority of the Tory party wanting to come back together and deliver on the promise to Leave.
3. Remember a fair number of so called hard liners voted for May’s deal on third reading and there’s a group of 30 or so Labour MPs who want this done now and will vote for a deal regardless of what Corbyn wants.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.