General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
That's just a bonus, the main reason is to be able to identify the Tories more closely with Farage at the election. Deliberately polarizing and destabilizing our democratic processes.

That particular horse bolted on the 23rd June 2016 and it isn’t coming back anytime soon.

I understand and fully share your antipathy for Farage which is exactly why Corbyn delaying the election purely to damage the Tories by forcing them into a pact with the Brexit Party is so contemptible. They are following the classic Marxist textbook instructions to polarize politics by encouraging extremism and destabilizing democratic institutions. Our constitutional processes have been deliberately rendered chaotic and a national sense of disorder and loss of control is being fostered through widespread direct action in the streets. Momentum demonstrations are used to physically disrupt debate and travelling mobs encourage and then goad extremist opponents to create dangerous tensions. I could go on but I sense I'm wasting my breath.

With my sensible head on, I would say both sides have been guilty of real Politik, I cant really blame them for that, but Farage will be picking the bones of it. I have been consistent in this, in that I do believe both the ERG and the FBFE crowd are equally culpable for the impasse. They have backed their respective nominal parties into positions they would rather not be in. To classical textbook Marxism approach, you can also add Johnson's anti democratic authoritarian approach to Parliament. To the momentum demonstrations you can add those of the DFLA and the EDL as being disruptive, violent and tension creating. Its certainly not a one sided episode, it is a widening of the spectrum so that those groups that would normally be outside the acceptable are now becoming the acceptable.

This re-alignment of parties and disintegration of established political norms has but one winner in the end, that is the **** that is Farage.

The instigators of brexit, a small number of far-right billionaires are not "daft", using their control of the media they very nearly pulled off the crime of the century/might still inflict it. The electorate were subjected to a constant stream of lies over many years, reaching a crescendo leading up to the bum's rush that was the referendum. No turd was left unpolished, racism, nationalism, jingoism, elitism, more racism, anti-semitism tribalism exceptionalism, Dunkirkism ?:) each one seized upon like a magic weapon to slay the EU dragon, then put back in the locker to be re-used, over and over again.
All absolutely true.

The way the UK press has been able to get away with blaming the EU on pretty much everything for the past 30 or 40 years is frankly astonishing. Is it any surprise at all when someone reads every day, day in, day out, that all their worldly problems are the EU's fault, that they want out of the EU? The public has been right royally conned.

Because he's a Leave supporter, obviously.

If what you say is true, an opportunist wouldn't care, he would've seized the policy for what opportunists crave....Power.

Your hatred of Corbyn colours everything you post, everything he does is sinister and underhand, you see him as a pantomime villain, but pantomime villains are for children.

I'm a critic of Corbyn, but I criticise him for what he actually does, you should try to do the same.

Last edited:
With my sensible head on, I would say both sides have been guilty of real Politik, I cant really blame them for that, but Farage will be picking the bones of it. I have been consistent in this, in that I do believe both the ERG and the FBFE crowd are equally culpable for the impasse. They have backed their respective nominal parties into positions they would rather not be in. To classical textbook Marxism approach, you can also add Johnson's anti democratic authoritarian approach to Parliament. To the momentum demonstrations you can add those of the DFLA and the EDL as being disruptive, violent and tension creating. Its certainly not a one sided episode, it is a widening of the spectrum so that those groups that would normally be outside the acceptable are now becoming the acceptable.

This re-alignment of parties and disintegration of established political norms has but one winner in the end, that is the **** that is Farage.

For crying out loud Rascal, it's not end of days! Farage has tried what? Seven times to get elected to Parliament? He couldn't even get one of his bone heads elected in Peterborough and the Brexit Party was riding the crest of a wave, supposedly.

Come back when he has Le Pen's numbers and we can start panicking then, we'll have no time Toulouse.

Last edited:

Not necessarily if there is an election before October 17th, the opposition parties are doing Farage's bidding in stopping that happening.
Nobody can gainsay the outcome of an early election with Brexit as its main driver:
Brexit Party - out No Deal:
Tories - out Deal or No Deal:
Labour either in or out with Deal decided by another referendum:
LibDems etc/Nationalists - in:

Post October 17th the Tories & Brexit Party forced into a pact on No Deal in January - a combination promising genuine mayhem.

Why are you doing this to yourself? You’re actually further proving yourself wrong.

So the claims are he wasn’t a leader in the Communist Party, he wrote for a publication under an alias for a publication for another organisation, who had links to the Communist Party.

If what you say is true, an opportunist wouldn't care, he would've seized the policy for what opportunists crave....Power.

You're hatred of Corbyn colours everything you post and everything he does you see as sinister and underhand, you see him like a pantomime villain, but pantomime villains are for children.

I'm a critic of Corbyn, but I criticise him for what he does, you should try to do the same.

We're not having that, you adore the bloke. My hatred of him stems from what he says, does and stands for. Do you think I hate him just because of his suits?

Your so blinkered, you've even tried to pretend he's not a Leave supporter. Something which I can see must cause you enormous internal torment given the passionate Remain stance you have personally.

But look at the record of the great man when it comes to the EU:
  • He voted for Britain to leave the European Economic Community (EEC) in the 1975 European referendum.
  • He opposed the creation of the European Union (EU) under the Maastricht Treaty – speaking and voting against it in Parliament in 1993.
  • He voted against the Lisbon Treaty on more than one occasion in Parliament in 2008.
  • In 2010, he voted against the creation of the European Union’s diplomatic service.
  • He voted for a referendum on Britain’s membership of the EU in 2011 (breaking the Labour whip to do so).
  • In 2011 he also opposed the creation of the EU’s European Stability Mechanism, which helps members of the Euro in financial difficulties. (This vote is a good example of how Corbyn votes with hardcore Euro-sceptics. Only 26 other MPs joined him in voting against, and in their number are the likes of right-wing Euro-sceptics such as Peter Bone, Douglas Carswell, Bill Cash, Ian Paisley Junior and John Redwood.)
  • He opposed Britain’s participation in the EU’s Banking Authority in 2012.
  • His brother Piers Corbyn has said that Corbyn was privately opposed to Britain’s membership of the European Union.
  • He went on holiday during the 2016 referendum campaign and his office staff consistently undermined the Remain campaign. He refused to attend a key Remain campaign launch.
Now, here's a challenge for you: Faced with the above, why don't you just say "OK, fair enough, it does look like he's probably a Leave supporter".

Do you have it in you?

Why are you doing this to yourself? You’re actually further proving yourself wrong.

So the claims are he wasn’t a leader in the Communist Party, he wrote for a publication under an alias for a publication for another organisation, who had links to the Communist Party.
The leader of the GBCP is the General Secretary, neither Milne nor Murray occupied that position - they were leading figures - not 'the leader' .
Have you so little grasp of English grammar that you can't understand that simple point. Go away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.