General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
He is a leader of a remain party, he said at the time he gave the EU a seven out of ten, It's easier being a principled back bencher than it is to a be a leader of a party, with different viewpoints clamouring for prominence. Criticise Corbyn all you like, but leaders have to strike a balance between competing interests, otherwise you end up like Johnson.

The Labour party is not as riven over the EU as the Tories, some don't like the loss of sovereignty, some don't like the capitalist model strait jacket, but most like the worker and consumer rights it protects, and they all like the prosperity being in the world's most successful trading block brings.

Oh, I agree that you have to "strike a balance" but Corbyn was as anti-EU as it gets as a back bencher but as soon as he was thrust to the fore, all those principles went straight out the window. If he was a lot more "on the fence" about the EU down the years, then fair enough, but he wasn't.

That was indeed the start of it, Brexit is 100% down to the Tories but we are now seeing their folly being exploited by the extremists on both sides and the country risks damage that can never be repaired. That the Labour Party Marxists are being allowed to facilitate the strengthening of Farage is simply unbelievable.

Revolutionary Marxists thrive on chaos, you know the sort of thing, waking the sleeping giant of the working class to cast of the chains of their oppressor and what not.

So why doesn't Labour give Johnson his election, a Boris versus the traitorous Parliament election, let him win it, let him crash us out and watch the shit hit the fan.

Fertile ground for revolutionary Marxists if you ask me.

May I substitute 'outrageous'?

You can substitute what you like.

Your hypothesis makes no sense.

Why should Corbyn be running around chatting to Lib Dems, the Greens and other counter revolutionary forces? Why not let the whole thing burn? Marxists love this kind of capitalist collapse, fertile ground for etc, etc, etc.

You argument makes no sense, even by your own ground rules.

Revolutionary Marxists thrive on chaos, you know the sort of thing, waking the sleeping giant of the working class to cast of the chains of their oppressor and what not. So why doesn't Labour give Johnson his election, a Boris versus the traitorous Parliament election, let him win it, let him crash us out and watch the shit hit the fan. Fertile ground for revolutionary Marxists if you ask me.
You are missing out the important step of a democratic mandate for the government actions that would result from an early election uncontaminated by a Tory/Brexit Party alliance.

So six months ago we had people saying asking for a referendum was undemocratic and we should respect the Parliamentary process.

Now those same people are saying that refusing an election is undemocratic and we should ignore the Parliamentary process.

I've got to be honest lads, most of your opinions seem to be "my side is right" rather than anything that could be built on rational consistent principles

You can substitute what you like.
Your hypothesis makes no sense.Why should Corbyn be running around chatting to Lib Dems, the Greens and other counter revolutionary forces? Why not let the whole thing burn? Marxists love this kind of capitalist collapse, fertile ground for etc, etc, etc.You argument makes no sense, even by your own ground rules.
Why are you repeating the faulty reasoning your previous post? Just see my previous answer.

Revolutionary Marxists thrive on chaos, you know the sort of thing, waking the sleeping giant of the working class to cast of the chains of their oppressor and what not.

So why doesn't Labour give Johnson his election, a Boris versus the traitorous Parliament election, let him win it, let him crash us out and watch the shit hit the fan.

Fertile ground for revolutionary Marxists if you ask me.

Lol, awaken the working class. Awaken which working class?

The working class have been voting for Tory governments and Brexit for the last 10 years.

The last thing they will vote for is a 1970's Labour Soviet machine.

You are missing out the important step of a democratic mandate for the government actions that would result from an early election uncontaminated by a Tory/Brexit Party alliance.

You think a mandate will protect Johnson from the ensuing chaos?

Johnson's numbers aren't too bad but he's not in landslide country. Were he to win an election, I've no doubt the number of voters for pro remain parties would be greater than his.

You believe Johnson will pour oil on troubled waters? That it'll not be too bad, and an energised nation, as one, will bear the hardship with a cheery smile and unite behind our one true leader?

Good luck with that.

Last edited:
So six months ago we had people saying asking for a referendum was undemocratic and we should respect the Parliamentary process.Now those same people are saying that refusing an election is undemocratic and we should ignore the Parliamentary process. I've got to be honest lads, most of your opinions seem to be "my side is right" rather than anything that could be built on rational consistent principles
Except that the Parliamentary process was compromised and involved a trespass on a prerogative power hence the delay bill is unconstitutional and may be ruled illegal. I haven't got a side btw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.