General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
So six months ago we had people saying asking for a referendum was undemocratic and we should respect the Parliamentary process.

Now those same people are saying that refusing an election is undemocratic and we should ignore the Parliamentary process.

I've got to be honest lads, most of your opinions seem to be "my side is right" rather than anything that could be built on rational consistent principles

I think an election very soon is nailed on - it just wont be on BoJo's terms. We all know it's coming.

So six months ago we had people saying asking for a referendum was undemocratic and we should respect the Parliamentary process.

Now those same people are saying that refusing an election is undemocratic and we should ignore the Parliamentary process.

I've got to be honest lads, most of your opinions seem to be "my side is right" rather than anything that could be built on rational consistent principles

As undemocratic as voting for a party to deliver a referendum, voting for Brexit, voting for a party to deliver that Brexit and then Parliament reneges on delivering it?

Some people have voted 3 times for a party/Brexit/referendum and won every single time.

Nearly 5 years later!! We are STILL in the EU and we are STILL talking of whether to even leave it. BOTH major political parties were elected in this Parliament to deliver it!

Please don't talk of democracy, it is completely lost on everyone in this.

Lol, awaken the working class. Awaken which working class?

The working class have been voting for Tory governments and Brexit for the last 10 years.

The last thing they will vote for is a 1970's Labour Soviet machine.

You might be right, that's why revolution from chaos is the Marxist solution! Ask George, he's the man for Marxist conspiracy, he'll fill you in.

The leader of the GBCP is the General Secretary, neither Milne nor Murray occupied that position - they were leading figures - not 'the leader' .
Have you so little grasp of English grammar that you can't understand that simple point. Go away.

They weren’t leading figures were they? Milne specifically wasn’t at all. You could argue Murray was, being on the Executive Committee but Milne wrote part-time for a publication linked to an organisation that in itself was linked to the Communist Party. It’s a total fabrication to stretch him to being a leading figure within the Communist Party and now you’ve been shown up to be a liar, you’re wrongly having a go at my understanding of my native language, which is laughably pathetic.

Just own up to the fact you at the least massively exaggerated and at the worst, lied.

Except that the Parliamentary process was compromised and involved a trespass on a prerogative power hence the delay bill is unconstitutional and may be ruled illegal. I haven't got a side btw.

You're in murky waters with that one. I acknowledge you have a point but my constitutional law isn't as solid as it could be.

I have a side. It's that we should allow our elected officials in Parliament to do their jobs. Both Labour and Tories ran on a Leave platform at the election so they should be aspiring to use the parliamentary process to leave. Not specifically leave on a deal or specifically leave on no deal; that is very much a fight for them to work out themselves. Just an overall idea that leaving must happen.

Constantly returning it to the people seems cowardly.

He is a leader of a remain party, he said at the time he gave the EU a seven out of ten, It's easier being a principled back bencher than it is to a be a leader of a party, with different viewpoints clamouring for prominence. Criticise Corbyn all you like, but leaders have to strike a balance between competing interests, otherwise you end up like Johnson.

The Labour party is not as riven over the EU as the Tories, some don't like the loss of sovereignty, some don't like the capitalist model strait jacket, but most like the worker and consumer rights it protects, and they all like the prosperity being in the world's most successful trading block brings.

Well at least you've given up trying to pretend he's a Remain supporter. I've banked that one.

You're right about Labour being less riven over EU membership than the Tories however. Whilst the Tories are split over Europe, Labour are virtually to a man (Corbyn and around 10 others excepted) Remain supporters. So they are only at odds with their membership and with the broader electorate. Pretty concerning the 9 point deficit on the Tories has suddenly become a 14 point deficit now the Labour Remain campaigning position is becoming clear.

Oh and I wasn't around with the Thornberry Question Time drama on here, but keep wanting to mention that the Labour Party saying "we will negotiate a deal but then support Remain in a General Election" is the most principled political stand that I've ever seen in my entire life watching British politics and I admire them greatly for doing this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.