General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
They weren’t leading figures were they? Milne specifically wasn’t at all. You could argue Murray was, being on the Executive Committee but Milne wrote part-time for a publication linked to an organisation that in itself was linked to the Communist Party. It’s a total fabrication to stretch him to being a leading figure within the Communist Party and now you’ve been shown up to be a liar, you’re wrongly having a go at my understanding of my native language, which is laughably pathetic. Just own up to the fact you at the least massively exaggerated and at the worst, lied.
It’s sad that this poster is again continuously lying about what is a serious subject. It is his repeated tactic to prolong exchanges long after his absurd fictions have been exposed. As usual he then just mindlessly obsesses about some trivial semantic point and can’t even get that right in this instance. The intention is presumably to irritate the other posters sufficiently so they lose it and get a ban - indeed I suspect there are some valuable voices missing from this thread for that reason.

As undemocratic as voting for a party to deliver a referendum, voting for Brexit, voting for a party to deliver that Brexit and then Parliament reneges on delivering it?

Some people have voted 3 times for a party/Brexit/referendum and won every single time.

Nearly 5 years later!! We are STILL in the EU and we are STILL talking of whether to even leave it. BOTH major political parties were elected in this Parliament to deliver it!

Please don't talk of democracy, it is completely lost on everyone in this.

I think the principle is lost on anyone involved in the political process. It's valid for the few hours that the polling station is open and then it appears that anyone spouting democracy to those who've been elected are shown a double-barrelled two-fingered salute!

It’s sad that this poster is again continuously lying about what is a serious subject. It is his repeated tactic to prolong exchanges long after his absurd fictions have been exposed. As usual he then just mindlessly obsesses about some trivial semantic point and can’t even get that right in this instance. The intention is presumably to irritate the other posters sufficiently so they lose it and get a ban - indeed I suspect there are some valuable voices missing from this thread for that reason.

You can’t bring yourself to admit it can you.

You’re lying about the Labour leadership and hoping other posters won’t question the claims you’ve made and now you’re angry I have.

You said that the key advisers to Corbyn, on the graphic you provided were leaders in the Communist Party.

You could argue Murray was but the rest definitely haven’t been.

This is the fact of the matter and your rhetoric is a right wing tactic to damage the Labour Party, it’s a smear campaign.

As undemocratic as voting for a party to deliver a referendum, voting for Brexit, voting for a party to deliver that Brexit and then Parliament reneges on delivering it?

Some people have voted 3 times for a party/Brexit/referendum and won every single time.

Nearly 5 years later!! We are STILL in the EU and we are STILL talking of whether to even leave it. BOTH major political parties were elected in this Parliament to deliver it!

Please don't talk of democracy, it is completely lost on everyone in this.

This!

Well said mate.

Oh and I wasn't around with the Thornberry Question Time drama on here, but keep wanting to mention that the Labour Party saying "we will negotiate a deal but then support Remain in a General Election" is the most principled political stand that I've ever seen in my entire life watching British politics and I admire them greatly for doing this.
I don't agree at all. It's entirely the result of circumstance and political expediency. And/or cowardice.

A truly principled approach would avoid this paradoxical nonsense. They'd campaign for revocation of A50 and suggest they had no intention of negotiating a deal with the EU, because they would simply cancel Brexit.

They do not have the bottle to campaign on a revoke ticket, and therefore their position is unavoidable: They must - if elected - seek a deal with the EU, but then they also must campaign against it, since the Remain-oriented stance is the only position they can adopt which gives them a cat in hell's chance of winning a GE.

You're in murky waters with that one. I acknowledge you have a point but my constitutional law isn't as solid as it could be.

I have a side. It's that we should allow our elected officials in Parliament to do their jobs. Both Labour and Tories ran on a Leave platform at the election so they should be aspiring to use the parliamentary process to leave. Not specifically leave on a deal or specifically leave on no deal; that is very much a fight for them to work out themselves. Just an overall idea that leaving must happen.

Constantly returning it to the people seems cowardly.
The referendum process changed their job descriptions, which a predictable and majority group refused to accept. (i.e. the losers) Hence the paralysis and need for a GE to break the deadlock. The opposition are also failing to carry out their job description in preventing that election.

You can’t bring yourself to admit it can you.You’re lying about the Labour leadership and hoping other posters won’t question the claims you’ve made and now you’re angry I have. You said that the key advisers to Corbyn, on the graphic you provided were leaders in the Communist Party. You could argue Murray was but the rest definitely haven’t been.This is the fact of the matter and your rhetoric is a right wing tactic to damage the Labour Party, it’s a smear campaign.
and so it continues...

Oh and I wasn't around with the Thornberry Question Time drama on here, but keep wanting to mention that the Labour Party saying "we will negotiate a deal but then support Remain in a General Election" is the most principled political stand that I've ever seen in my entire life watching British politics and I admire them greatly for doing this.

"The only deal on offer from the EU is already on the table and they wont renegotiate"

So why didn't you vote for it?

"We dont like it and think we can negotiate a different one"

How will you do that?

"By negotiating one but campaigning to remain"

What?

"Cliff edges.....famine......no medicines......no deal......Boris!"

Rinse and repeat.......

Responding directly to someone and talking about him in the third person is weird.

By the way, you're wrong as usual, totally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.