General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
Only ludicrous because it's balanced and nuanced. Doesn't fit with the 'we won you lost get over' it attitude some have shown on here for 3 1/2 years.
Balanced and nuanced? Beg for a deal,they want a good one don't forget, or anything, get one, then come back and do your
best to scupper it.
I'm sure that will get the electorate trembling with excitement.

If we ever get an election, let's see if the voting public will like it, as it's so balanced and nuanced.

Balanced and nuanced? Beg for a deal,they want a good one don't forget, or anything, get one, then come back and do your
best to scupper it.
I'm sure that will get the electorate trembling with excitement.

If we ever get an election, let's see if the voting public will like it, as it's so balanced and nuanced.

Do Labour even have an alternative deal to put to the EU? I read that they did and it wasn't that much different to May's deal which makes you wonder why so many Labour MPs voted against her deal

Preparing myself for a full scale onslaught of People v Parliament framing of the current situation, Cummings will be using every trick in the Leave campaigns book he can. There will be a court appeal at the taxpayers expenses that will fail but be designed to frame Boris's campaign. Its going to be a rerun of the 2016 referendum in reverse allowing Boris to spaff millions up the wall on No Deal being the only option.

Do Labour even have an alternative deal to put to the EU? I read that they did and it wasn't that much different to May's deal which makes you wonder why so many Labour MPs voted against her deal
I doubt it, they're remainers, don't forget, all this nonsense is simply an attempt to get comrade Jezza in,
somehow, anyhow. This latest approach will damage that, to say the least.

Preparing myself for a full scale onslaught of People v Parliament framing of the current situation, Cummings will be using every trick in the Leave campaigns book he can. There will be a court appeal at the taxpayers expenses that will fail but be designed to frame Boris's campaign. Its going to be a rerun of the 2016 referendum in reverse allowing Boris to spaff millions up the wall on No Deal being the only option.

Not looking so rosy for Cummings either way.....

"The only deal on offer from the EU is already on the table and they wont renegotiate"

So why didn't you vote for it?

"We dont like it and think we can negotiate a different one"

How will you do that?

"By negotiating one but campaigning to remain"

What?

"Cliff edges.....famine......no medicines......no deal......Boris!"

Rinse and repeat.......

No I think it's brilliant. We need much much more of this in politics.

They want to Remain. However they acknowledge that the country voted leave. So they negotiate the best possible deal they can get for leaving. Then they go to the people and say "this is the best deal we could get so do you want us to do this or remain?"

Essentially it's an example of a party actually doing what the electorate wants even if their party doesn't want to do it. It's unbelievably brave in today's headline spinning and out of context tweeting world to do something so incredibly rational. I think it's an amazing example of exactly how politics should be done.

Well as it includes a CU it makes Mays deal and backstop superfluous, so that's a start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.