General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
No I think it's brilliant. We need much much more of this in politics.

They want to Remain. However they acknowledge that the country voted leave. So they negotiate the best possible deal they can get for leaving. Then they go to the people and say "this is the best deal we could get so do you want us to do this or remain?"

Essentially it's an example of a party actually doing what the electorate wants even if their party doesn't want to do it. It's unbelievably brave in today's headline spinning and out of context tweeting world to do something so incredibly rational. I think it's an amazing example of exactly how politics should be done.
Fully agree with that but not sure if you're taking the piss based on your previous comments.

Why on earth would any person in control of their faculties attach any weight to what a fucking opinion poll says? They are wank.

What I want to know is how they can only arrive at 295-300 seats when it's "Polling that's been done through Downing Street during the last 2 weeks". That's a piss poor return if they've only been polling people on Downing Street!

Useful idiot doing the Marxists work for them...

And empowering Farage and his thugs.

This is what Ian Blackford, the SNP leader at Westminster, said after the meeting of opposition parties this morning.

2736.jpg

It is clear there must be an early election - but it cannot happen while the Tory government is threatening to subvert the law to force through a catastrophic no-deal Brexit on October 31.

If
Boris Johnson wants an election he must obey the law and take a no-deal Brexit off the table. It is beyond belief that the prime minister is disrespecting democracy by seeking to shut down Parliament and railroad through an extreme Brexit against the will of parliament and the people.

Once the threat of no-deal is off the table, we will move for an early election.

Can they not see the dark hand that's manipulating them?

Plaid Cymru, the Welsh nationalist party, is suggesting that Boris Johnson could be impeached if he ignores the law designed to rule out a no-deal Brexit on 31 October. Liz Saville Roberts, Plaid’s Wesminster leader, said this after the meeting of opposition leaders this morning.

Plaid Cymru, the Welsh nationalist party, is suggesting that
Boris Johnson could be impeached if he ignores the law designed to rule out a no-deal Brexit on 31 October. Liz Saville Roberts, Plaid’s Wesminster leader, said this after the meeting of opposition leaders this morning.

I am glad that as opposition parties, we are united in our belief that Boris Johnson’s attempt to undermine the rule of law must be stopped.

If the prime minister refuses to seek an extension to the period under article 50, he will have broken the law - plain and simple - and he must be subject to legal repercussions.

I told other opposition parties this morning that if he does break the law, we should be ready to impeach Boris Johnson - a procedure that he himself supported in 2004 when current Plaid Cymru leader Adam Price sought to impeach Tony Blair for lying.

The Welsh! What can you say?

The Greens will be along in a minute! I despair!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.