General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
No I think it's brilliant. We need much much more of this in politics.

They want to Remain. However they acknowledge that the country voted leave. So they negotiate the best possible deal they can get for leaving. Then they go to the people and say "this is the best deal we could get so do you want us to do this or remain?"

Essentially it's an example of a party actually doing what the electorate wants even if their party doesn't want to do it. It's unbelievably brave in today's headline spinning and out of context tweeting world to do something so incredibly rational. I think it's an amazing example of exactly how politics should be done.
Sorry, but this won't wash with the electorate, first of all, there is no incentive whatsoever to negotiate anything,
as they're now a full blown remain party, the EU know this and these talks, if there would ever be any, wouldn't last
5 minutes, there are no benefits for either side. Plus it's impossible to negotiate anything when your opponent
has no reason to accept anything at all, thanks to this latest bill. Throw in the fact that they know Labour
are going to renege on their own demands, and have confirmed this in advance, and the situation is reduced to farce.
Corbyn has constantly attempted to run with the hare and the hounds, it's been a feature for over 3 years, but this
latest stance is beyond parody.
Unless you're taking the piss ;)

I'm still not sure how anyone could've predicted that we'd go from Cameron, to May, to May calling a general election and fucking it up so much that she had to enter into a coalition with the DUP, to May negotiating a deal, to that deal being voted down 3 times in parliament, to May resigning, and finally to Johnson becoming PM.. That's a fair few leaps. On the other side, I suppose it's a bit clearer because it's been Corbyn throughout.

Anyway, what's wrong with Abbott & Corbyn? Better than Abbott & Costello surely

Nah.

The stuff with May, was just a necessary stepping stone.

Once Brexit happened, we were heading down the road to an ERG, extremist PM.

None of them are fit to do the job & the most likely candidate was Bozo. So Brexit meant extreme left self serving cunts v exreme right self serving cunts.

They were already jockying for position during the referendum, Bozo by publicity, Corbyn by hiding, letting them show themselves & hoping for disaster.

They have been playing politics ever since.

Sorry, but this won't wash with the electorate, first of all, there is no incentive whatsoever to negotiate anything,
as they're now a full blown remain party, the EU know this and these talks, if there would ever be any, wouldn't last
5 minutes, there are no benefits for either side. Plus it's impossible to negotiate anything when your opponent
has no reason to accept anything at all, thanks to this latest bill. Throw in the fact that they know Labour
are going to renege on their own demands, and have confirmed this in advance, and the situation is reduced to farce.
Corbyn has constantly attempted to run with the hare and the hounds, it's been a feature for over 3 years, but this
latest stance is beyond parody.

We’re well beyond having any sort of negotiating leverage. The point of the EU believing we are serious negotiators ended in 2017. We’re a laughing stock, with no hand worth playing.

Labour’s vision is a fair and honest way out and something that we’ve missed for 3 years.

'Constructive talks' today. Great news.

All it requires, is Bozo to come up with a credible alternative to the backstop & they'll get rid of it.

So problem solved. Boris can do that today & then we can sign up to Theresa May's deal.

Oh but wait, I suppose we are just 'getting together' the solution for the Irish border & will just about have it ready for, ooh let's say, 30th Oct ? And it will be really different to the one they have already laughed at.

We’re well beyond having any sort of negotiating leverage. The point of the EU believing we are serious negotiators ended in 2017. We’re a laughing stock, with no hand worth playing.

Labour’s vision is a fair and honest way out and something that we’ve missed for 3 years.
We certainly are now.
If you believe the majority of voters think this farcical position is fair and honest, no wonder you don't want an election.

We certainly are now.
If you believe the majority of voters think this farcical position is fair and honest, no wonder you don't want an election.

I don’t believe anyone thinks it is and that’s why I respect Labour taking the position they have.

I do want one, I want one in November/December and them to book it following October 31st.

Not looking so rosy for Cummings either way.....

Sacking 21 of your MP's was never going to help your cause? Then you add in Ruth Davis and Amber Rudd it becomes a virtual mission impossible to win an election.

There are of course rumours flying around that Cummings doesn't care about winning elections his sole purposes were to deliver No Deal an infiltrate the tory party and turn it into a right wing nationalist party.

We certainly are now.

Everybody who is against Bozo, does want an election, just not on the terms which suit Bozo.

You have been told that, many times, & in case you truly missed it, I've just told you, again.

I am not a Labour supoorter. I would prefer Corbyn to be declared insane & locked up rather than PM ( but only if the Tories were out of power). I can't fucking stand him.

He is not scared, as you know. He is just doing what's best, for him, as he always has & on this occasion, I would do the same, as would you, in his position.

You already know this.

Sacking 21 of your MP's was never going to help your cause? Then you add in Ruth Davis and Amber Rudd it becomes a virtual mission impossible to win an election.

There are of course rumours flying around that Cummings doesn't care about winning elections his sole purposes were to deliver No Deal an infiltrate the tory party and turn it into a right wing nationalist party.

He may yet succeed in the former as he's already succeeded in the latter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.