General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
BoJo is not getting this his way. He will be forced to extent by HoC passing a law or if he doesn't like that he will have to go for a GE before the 31 Oct.

His campaign would then be effectively a vote for a hard brexit because there would be zero chance of a deal - if he didnt adopt the hardest of brexit position Farage would sink him. No Deal has sub 30% support - mostly in small pockets where people dont traditionally vote tory. I don't see how this would turn out well given 70% clearly oppose his only significant policy and most of them are in his heartlands. T May massively misjudged the tory votes that brexit generates. BoJo making the same mistake with No Deal.

I agree with some of your thoughts, but regards you last sentence, I see it rather differently:

May went into the last GE with a 20 point lead, but like the fecking idiot she is, she decided to campaign on a subject about which the nation was divided pretty much 50-50. And guess what happened - her lead collapsed. Yes in part because she is dire and ran a dismal campaign, but also in part because what she was selling, half the country do not want.

That same dynamic exists today. Yes, it's changed a bit - there's now the spectre of a hard brexit and yes, apparently there's no overwhelming support for that. But on the other hand, there's a faction who are so sick to death of the damned thing, they will I think find the promise of "getting it done" quite appealing. Get the bloody thing done and move on.

The "no leaving without a deal" brigade are effectively campaigning for "more years of this shit". Either that or BRINO or no Brexit. For the Unicorn cake-and-eat-it Brexit does not exist.

Aint that the bloody truth.

Boris may be an idiot and he may care rather less for the poor than perhaps McDonnell does (and even that I question) but one thing is for sure, he does not want to see the collapse of the UK economy as a means to bring about radical political change. McDonnell does.

Spoken like a true 100k a year Tory old boy.

I agree with some of your thoughts, but regards you last sentence, I see it rather differently:

May went into the last GE with a 20 point lead, but like the fecking idiot she is, she decided to campaign on a subject about which the nation was divided pretty much 50-50. And guess what happened - her lead collapsed. Yes in part because she is dire and ran a dismal campaign, but also in part because what she was selling, half the country do not want.

That same dynamic exists today. Yes, it's changed a bit - there's now the spectre of a hard brexit and yes, apparently there's no overwhelming support for that. But on the other hand, there's a faction who are so sick to death of the damned thing, they will I think find the promise of "getting it done" quite appealing. Get the bloody thing done and move on.

The "no leaving without a deal" brigade are effectively campaigning for "more years of this shit". Either that or BRINO or no Brexit. For the Unicorn cake-and-eat-it Brexit does not exist.
I think the "get on with it and move on with our lives" group are in for a rude awakening if they believe no deal is the solution to brexit simply going away or quieting down

I disagree with that. No Deal Brexit is far worse than 5 years of Corbyn. Far far worse. There is no way back from No deal. It is years of economic decline with zero upside.

Corbyn would cost us less, much less and at least we might have something to show for it. And as you all know, i hate Corbyn.
I can't agree with that. The hope would be that Labour were powerless, with a minority government and relatively paralysed. That would still be bad. But can you IMAGINE the damage they would do if they had a majority. We've spent the last 10 years trying to rebuild from the financial catastrophe left behind and that was after 10 years of a very moderate Blair/Brown Labour government.

How long would it take to get back the inheritance tax McDonnell has taken off you, or the money he's robbed out of your savings account because you'd been sensible and saved for a rainy day? McDonnell and Corbyn would embark on taxing and borrowing and spending the likes of which we have never seen in our lifetimes. And the country would be entirely bankrupted by the process. McDonnell would not care a jot either.

Spoken like a true 100k a year Tory old boy.

Poor Chippy...

redbed-234x300.jpg

Poor Chippy...

redbed-234x300.jpg

You're a clever bloke Fumble, so I can only conclude you post such things to seek to divert attention from the truth. You and I both know that McDonnell is a communist who's aim is the destruction of the neo-liberal capitalist system. We don't need to speculate about this, or to scaremonger, or anything else. HE"S FUCKING SAID SO.

So your poster is way off the mark. But I am guessing you full well know this, because I suspect your aims are pretty well aligned with that of McDonnell.

See below

I think the "get on with it and move on with our lives" group are in for a rude awakening if they believe no deal is the solution to brexit simply going away or quieting down

May lost because her campaign was awful and many tories were putting in -1% effort as they just didnt like her. BoJo has the exact same problem, the party machine does not like him, and many tory MPs positively hate him. He is basically morphing the party into UKIP and that is not popular among a huge chunk of the generally well heeled £100k a year tory boys who form the base. The only thing that is in his favour is the fact the opposition is Corbyn but he wont lose because of Corbyn he will lose because of SNP and Lib Dem gains. and the labour vote in brexit towns holding fairly firm (see Peterborough).

You're a clever bloke Fumble, so I can only conclude you post such things to seek to divert attention from the truth. You and I both know that McDonnell is a communist who's aim is the destruction of the neo-liberal capitalist system. We don't need to speculate about this, or to scaremonger, or anything else. HE"S FUCKING SAID SO.

So your poster is way off the mark. But I am guessing you full well know this, because I suspect your aims are pretty well aligned with that of McDonnell.
Jezzer's oration in Salford yesterday could have been Lenin in full spate. The destruction of capitalism starts with his UK experiment

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.