General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
This is nailed on to happen. There’s no way the Cons are getting a majority, even with the DUP. Nigel is Boris’ one and only hope. Just have to hope that there are enough sensible leave voters in northern towns that realize a no deal Brexit with Nige and Bozo would be a complete disaster for them.
I agree, I’ll be lending my vote to Labour if the election is called.

Are there many, if any, seats where the BP could actually get elected? And would Farage agree to such a deal if it meant only standing in seats where Labour has a huge majority?

I'd guess about 50 or so are at risk, out of about 580 in England/Wales. More might change party, but not go to the BP.
I think most voters will prefer a party with a rounded manifesto than a single-issue party - BP couldn't even take Peterborough, against a 500 majority.

This is nailed on to happen. There’s no way the Cons are getting a majority, even with the DUP. Nigel is Boris’ one and only hope. Just have to hope that there are enough sensible leave voters in northern towns that realize a no deal Brexit with Nige and Bozo would be a complete disaster for them.

It would however demonstrate that the Conservatives (a) don't think they can win, and (b) are willing to put Brexit above everything.

That's a huge risk, and the other parties really should be able to capitalise on either point.

So Remainers, are we voting LibDem or Labour?

It's such a fucking shambles I'm almost past caring!
Lib Dem but then I usually do vote for them at a GE.

It’s true that the Lib Dem’s will not take many seats off of Labour. But in Tory/ Labour marginals they might take enough votes to let the tories in. Rather as the SDP did in 1983
I don't think the comparison with 1983 is that valid, there's the Brexit Party effect to consider as well, especially if there's no pact with the Tories.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.