General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
It would however demonstrate that the Conservatives (a) don't think they can win, and (b) are willing to put Brexit above everything.

That's a huge risk, and the other parties really should be able to capitalise on either point.

They’ve already proven both of those. They have the most right wing cabinet in their history and they’ve just sacked 21 of their mp’s for voting against a disaster no deal. They are now a BNP, UKIP, Brexit Party cocktail fighting on one policy regardless of the damage it causes.

I’d imagine there are a large number yes. This election is largely going to be cast as a second referendum.

If Farage only cares about Brexit and that would be the best way to achieve it as part of a coalition government, why wouldn’t he?

The price for a Brexit/Tory pact is the Tories committing to a no deal Brexit and not attempting to leave with a deal. At that point there is no difference between the two parties so where does that leave the 30% or so of Tory voters who are Remainers? Or Scottish Tories who support the Union something the Brexit Party would ditch in heartbeat? Come to think of it what is in this for the Tories? What do they get out of being tied to a single issue party?

Also a GE may start out about Brexit but will end up on austerity, NHS, social care and all the other issues. The last GE was called to give May a Brexit mandate. Labour talked about everything but Brexit. Single issue elections always get sidetracked into other issues.

It would however demonstrate that the Conservatives (a) don't think they can win, and (b) are willing to put Brexit above everything.

That's a huge risk, and the other parties really should be able to capitalise on either point.
The Tories lose nothing by not contesting northern town centres really though. They’ve not been elected there in a century so I don’t think (a) is accurate.

I think Boris is putting Brexit ahead of everything which is why I won’t be voting Tory.

They’ve already proven both of those. They have the most right wing cabinet in their history and they’ve just sacked 21 of their mp’s for voting against a disaster no deal. They are now a BNP, UKIP, Brexit Party cocktail fighting on one policy regardless of the damage it causes.

The current mob have, yes.
A GE could allow them to re-set themselves, but I agree that they've backed into a corner for now.

The Tories lose nothing by not contesting northern town centres really though. They’ve not been elected there in a century so I don’t think (a) is accurate.

I think Boris is putting Brexit ahead of everything which is why I won’t be voting Tory.

Reasonable opinion too. The difficulty would be deciding where they wouldn't stand.
It would look bad to not stand in every constituency, and painting it as a sign of being lackey to Farage should be an open goal.

Then it comes down to whether Corbyn is Diana Ross.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.