General / Mental Health Support Thread

Couldn't wake until teatime
Was just exhausted rather than staying in bed to kill time or because I just didn't want to get up
I'm hoping to get a foreign holiday this year , not had one for many many years
And there is Euro 2024 to look forward to
Still holding off ringing Samaritans and I just don't know why but I think I need to

Last edited:
After four appts with the pain clinic and religiously following their advice nothing is better , slowly accepting i am fucked forever pain wise . Reluctantly agreed to be discharged , they have written to my gp about an mri on my back being the next step , it wont show anything i dont already know but will do it if offered . Will ask if i can morphine for the nites , didnt want to go there but my usual pain relief is not enough

Grumpy

Was just exhausted rather than staying in bed to kill time or because I just didn't want to get up
Still holding off ringing Samaritans and I just don't know why but I think I need to
I think there's an email for Samaritans if you'd prefer to do that than ring them. It's whatever's best for you, mate, but they're always there whenever you're ready.

Take care.

Take care mate, if you think you need to then you know it's right.

Will ask if i can morphine for the nites , didnt want to go there but my usual pain relief is not enough

I was on morphine after my stoma reversal and was told I could press for it every six minutes. It wasn’t addictive etc. Just ask the professionals what you should do.

I was on morphine after my stoma reversal and was told I could press for it every six minutes. It wasn’t addictive etc. Just ask the professionals what you should do.
Thanks , will discuss with my dr what to do , he might say no but i think i have a good case having been through the investigations and the pain clinic and fibro has got worse now

If it's the calling and saying things out loud that's daunting you, you can email Samaritans at jo@samaritans.org or they can sometimes be contacted via chat here: https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/chat-online/

I used to volunteer for them and I can promise you that if you contact them you shouldn't face any judgement - just a quiet, safe, confidential space to talk through what's going on in your mind. And remember, if you contact them and don't feel you quite connect with the person you're speaking to, or if you call but then feel like you can't speak, or you can't say all you want to - you can absolutely hang up and call back, either immediately or in the future. You won't offend them.

So twice I plucked up the courage to ring the Samaritans and yes there was a queue (sign of the times) and I lost patience

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.