General / Mental Health Support Thread

Lot of companies talk the talk re supporting staff when they’re struggling but it’s usually about the bottom line. Fuck em all
Toxic Wellbeing is what I call it.

Feel as though putting some posters up saying they'll support employees covers their arses.

Cunts.

A friend of mine with mental issues has been suspended from work.

It all started with a car accident at work. The other person involved is a big lad. He ripped into her and said a lot of personal things which she took to heart. She reported the accident and reported him for his actions against her. She received a letter yesterday saying she has been suspended for her behaviour towards him pending investigation.

The CCTV clearly shows him angrily gesticulating at her and she just froze.

She feels helpless and no one is there to defend her. Tipped of our union reps to help her.

I've spent hours on the phone today trying to convince not to do anything stupid as she is having suicide thoughts. She has no family nearby. Her nearest daughter lives 200 miles away. I've told her to go and see her and get some dog therapy as she'd got two big fluff balls who love her. I hope she follows my advice.

My employer see her as a nuisance. I made her flag up her state of mind to management months ago in the naive hope they'd support her.

I'm taking deep breaths and trying to keep my shit together at work today.
She is very fortunate to have you as a friend. You deserve immense credit for supporting her through this and I just wanted to put that in writing, as I know how hard it can be to remain determined and positive in these types of situations.

You are a good person. Keep doing what you are doing, mate.

Lot of companies talk the talk re supporting staff when they’re struggling but it’s usually about the bottom line. Fuck em all

Nothing but hollow noises and platitudes. I will never discuss my mental health in a workplace again. In mid 2022 I took a job where the manager simply didn't seem to like me from day one. I was probably a bit annoying as I can admit I was not the best at the job, but this soon spiralled out of control and every mistake I made was magnified in comparison to what others did.

Long story short I had a panic attack in the office toilet on the Wednesday, was signed off until the Monday. Still wasn't great on the Monday so I phoned in saying that I still had a bug, and got a very sarcastic reply about how bad a bug it must have been. So I told the truth and was then chastised for putting in a "fake" sick note not mentioning my real reason for being away. I will always hate that woman. I could have been suicidal that morning and she could have been the finger that pulled the trigger.

I was managed out on a month long PIP, and in my first meeting I said I know you're going to sack me and this is just a dance, so proceed, but I will not be leaving and you will have to push me. So that's how it went.

@TinFoilHat, well done for looking out for someone else.

Nothing but hollow noises and platitudes. I will never discuss my mental health in a workplace again. In mid 2022 I took a job where the manager simply didn't seem to like me from day one. I was probably a bit annoying as I can admit I was not the best at the job, but this soon spiralled out of control and every mistake I made was magnified in comparison to what others did.

Long story short I had a panic attack in the office toilet on the Wednesday, was signed off until the Monday. Still wasn't great on the Monday so I phoned in saying that I still had a bug, and got a very sarcastic reply about how bad a bug it must have been. So I told the truth and was then chastised for putting in a "fake" sick note not mentioning my real reason for being away. I will always hate that woman. I could have been suicidal that morning and she could have been the finger that pulled the trigger.

I was managed out on a month long PIP, and in my first meeting I said I know you're going to sack me and this is just a dance, so proceed, but I will not be leaving and you will have to push me. So that's how it went.

@TinFoilHat, well done for looking out for someone else.
I remember a couple of return to work meetings with my manager. One was after being sick on the Monday and my TM said ‘weren’t City on TV yesterday?’ basically saying I was hungover. Another time I said about my mental health possibly contributing to a (physical sickness) absence. He says he’d studied psychology and wasn’t aware that mental health can cause or contribute to physical illnesses. Utter ****.

Eating toast and marmalade for breakfast this morning was a pleasure. That clinic less so.

Nevertheless, bowel put back together and cancer beaten. For the good of the greater good.
I've just re read and it was colonoscopy. I had a gastroscopy without sedation and that was horrific.

I'm glad you've beaten cancer. That's amazing mate.

I've just re read and it was colonoscopy. I had a gastroscopy without sedation and that was horrific.

I'm glad you've beaten cancer. That's amazing mate.

It was in through my stoma and up where the sun doesn’t shine.

Just like when I was put to sleep for my reversal surgery, the professionals were just talking to me about normal things like holidays to keep me relaxed.

I won’t hear a word against hardworking nurses either.

I remember a couple of return to work meetings with my manager. One was after being sick on the Monday and my TM said ‘weren’t City on TV yesterday?’ basically saying I was hungover. Another time I said about my mental health possibly contributing to a (physical sickness) absence. He says he’d studied psychology and wasn’t aware that mental health can cause or contribute to physical illnesses. Utter ****.
When I've represented members in meetings and a manager starts that shit I ask to see their their medical doctorate.

There's some real cunts in positions they really shouldn't be in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.