General / Mental Health Support Thread

I posted on another thread earlier this year I had a positive (in a bad way) FIT Test. Did the prep to go in for the Colonoscopy and Endoscopy procedure's at hospital at the same appointment. I was in the ward, in my gown and "dignity" shorts, BP was 235/111, procedure cancelled.

Referred back to GP, increased Ramipril and put on 10mg Amlopidine, all going great, BP average about 125/75.

Then over two weeks ago, I get severely swollen legs and a rashes in both my legs and ankles that are spreading, go to the local hospital and end up in SDEC, after tests for Cellulitis and Vasculitis and 6 hours in hospital the Doctor's conclude it could be the Amlopidine that's causing it. Take me off the drug, increase my ramipril, BP starts going up again.

Swelling in legs starts to go down, rash no where near as bad.

Then on Sunday, played golf at 10:30, got home at 5pm, swollen ankle and rash returned on right side of left leg (was both legs all over previously).

As I type this, the rash isn't fading as quick as it was, I'm at my wits end.

Need to get the BP down to get the Bowel and Stomach diagnosis but the swollen/rash legs are stopping me doing that, in a vicious circle.

And yes, that prep compound to clear you out is the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted.
Sorry you are having such a bad time , unfortunately every drug has side effects , hope the swelling goes down soon and you can get your gastro tests done

I had the endoscopy at the same appt and they gave me the results there and then , disappointed my bowel wasnt emptied out enough to get a clear look , going to start this new prep a few hours earlier than the timings given i think , waiting on the call with new appt day , be next week i think. Might try a peg on my nose and it might help the taste , three litres , fucking hell !

Sorry you are having such a bad time , unfortunately every drug has side effects , hope the swelling goes down soon and you can get your gastro tests done

I had the endoscopy at the same appt and they gave me the results there and then , disappointed my bowel wasnt emptied out enough to get a clear look , going to start this new prep a few hours earlier than the timings given i think , waiting on the call with new appt day , be next week i think. Might try a peg on my nose and it might help the taste , three litres , fucking hell !
it's disgusting isn't it? A nurse (and I know you worked in medicine) I was talking to said she just took the one course after eating like a sparrow for a few days before hand.

Good luck with your procedure, hope all goes well.

I'm going to the Docs Friday, my legs seem to be worse after playing golf so I'm wondering if there's a pesticide I'm allergic to and coming off the Amlodipine was coincidental. After being in Hospital my legs were clearing up, played golf and 5 hours later slight swelling and a deep red rash, strange.

Gonna put this in here rather than start a thread. I suffer from ankylosing spondylitis. Having a fucking terrible time with it at the minute. Normally I'm pretty positive and can get through it but the pain at the minute is absolutely killing me. And whilst I wouldn't say its affecting my mental health at the minute it's getting pretty close.
Any blues have this condition? I'm sure there probably is.
I had no idea what it was so googled it. Sounds pretty grim (don't suppose you wanted or needed to hear that). Do they not give you "emergency painkillers" on top of those that I assume you take daily, like "take these as and when the pain is too much but never take more than 1 a day"?

All the "get active" go-to mental health boosting techniques that they throw at the rest of us can't even be applied either. I feel for you man.

Anyway, I obviously have no advice or way of helping but I saw your post and that nobody had bothered to respond and wanted to at least interact. All I can say is good luck buddy, hope you get to the light at the end of the tunnel before your mood/mental health crashes too far.

I had no idea what it was so googled it. Sounds pretty grim (don't suppose you wanted or needed to hear that). Do they not give you "emergency painkillers" on top of those that I assume you take daily, like "take these as and when the pain is too much but never take more than 1 a day"?

All the "get active" go-to mental health boosting techniques that they throw at the rest of us can't even be applied either. I feel for you man.

Anyway, I obviously have no advice or way of helping but I saw your post and that nobody had bothered to respond and wanted to at least interact. All I can say is good luck buddy, hope you get to the light at the end of the tunnel before your mood/mental health crashes too far.
Hey thanks for the response. Yeah i used to be given oramorph but they have cut down on giving that out now and provide Codiene instead, which does take the edge off. Last night was just a very bad night. Im feeling better today the injections seem to have kicked in and done their job.
Like i say i am usually a really upbeat positive person and get through most things in life with the "it could be worse attitude". Yesterday/last night was just very bad.

With regards to a reference for pain i try to explain it as having severe tooth ache but in your bones/joints etc.

Hey thanks for the response. Yeah i used to be given oramorph but they have cut down on giving that out now and provide Codiene instead, which does take the edge off. Last night was just a very bad night. Im feeling better today the injections seem to have kicked in and done their job.
Like i say i am usually a really upbeat positive person and get through most things in life with the "it could be worse attitude". Yesterday/last night was just very bad.

With regards to a reference for pain i try to explain it as having severe tooth ache but in your bones/joints etc.
IMO any sort of constant pain/ache (call it what you will), whilst not "off the chart" with regards to levels of pain, wears you down more as it's so mentally draining.

We all need to reach out from time to time mate, no shame in that, hope you have fewer days like yesterday and more like today.

Sounds awful mate. I hope you find some decent treatment.

I'm off to Valencia next week, and it's bloody hot.
Maybe when I get back to Manchester airport I'll want to kiss the tarmac, as cooler conditions are wonderful after the heat.
I'm sure Manchester won't let me down ;-)

It's just nice to get the occasional few days of sunshine over here though. That's all I ask.

Gonna put this in here rather than start a thread. I suffer from ankylosing spondylitis. Having a fucking terrible time with it at the minute. Normally I'm pretty positive and can get through it but the pain at the minute is absolutely killing me. And whilst I wouldn't say its affecting my mental health at the minute it's getting pretty close.
Any blues have this condition? I'm sure there probably is.
Are you still able to work at the minute?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.