General / Mental Health Support Thread

Lad in work really struggling. I'd opened up to him few weeks ago re issues with my new boss as we'd worked together for over 10 years and known each other for 17 years. He's completely opened up to me, lost lot of money (think on crypto) struggling with anxiety and having panic attacks. Took him for lunch and we sat by river chatting for an hour. Gave him details of councillors I've been using and he'd appointment on Friday.

He went home and let it all out to his wife (married and got son aged 4). Been to GP and got a follow up appointment
That's such a kind thing to do. I hope he gets the help he needs.

I have been waiting well over a year for a decision on if i can carry on with pips , got a letter today to say they still havent made a decision so they have extended my pips for a further year , from now , and if they havent made a decision in the next year they will extend it again . Wonder if they are waiting to get instructions from a new government or they just dont have enough workers at the dwp, either way it is ridiculous and stressful for me and others in the same position
You've got the next 2 years paid ? Stress free surely ?

You've got the next 2 years paid ? Stress free surely ?
Only till they make a decision which can be anytime , i think soon after the election so not even guarnteed a year , just they have rolled it over till they decide if i need to be assessed in person which is very stressful , they are paid to get people off benefits regardless if they are not fit to work or not

Also if they say no more pips then that immediately affects other benefits and things like council tax and car tax , that is why it is stressful, i could have no money any day they choose

Only till they make a decision which can be anytime , i think soon after the election so not even guarnteed a year , just they have rolled it over till they decide if i need to be assessed in person which is very stressful , they are paid to get people off benefits regardless if they are not fit to work or not

Also if they say no more pips then that immediately affects other benefits and things like council tax and car tax , that is why it is stressful, i could have no money any day they choose
I agree, this is awful, we went through same as a family. One day they wrote to my sister and she was getting virtually nothing. Aged 60, cancer survivor with dementia. Really hope you get sorted soon.

I agree, this is awful, we went through same as a family. One day they wrote to my sister and she was getting virtually nothing. Aged 60, cancer survivor with dementia. Really hope you get sorted soon.
I have been following your sisters story , it really is shoddy to treat her like that , sadly it is no surprise , thanks for your support x

Reactions: ob
Well just got a text from dwp saying a decision has been made and they are sending me a letter , wish they would make their minds up ! Not in good enough shape for a fight so please god say yes

Reactions: ob
Well just got a text from dwp saying a decision has been made and they are sending me a letter , wish they would make their minds up ! Not in good enough shape for a fight so please god say yes
Fingers crossed for you

Slowly realising how much less relaxed and gentle I've been over the last four, five years. The pressure really got to me. I became more fearful, more angry inside, more confrontational, and all that happened was I tied myself in knots and went round in circles. I knew I wasn't getting 'me' right. But it's only just starting to become clear what that means. Sometimes the answers are relatively straightforward, but they remain forever out of your reach, you can never get to clarity. You just end up in spirals of agony.
"Something must be done. I must do something." But what? If you let it get too personal, you might not cope. You might not sleep properly. You might never have a clear thought from dawn to dusk. You might never think of anything you can say without going off on a never ending, embarrassing rant, that offends and confuses, rather than delivers the message.
It's been a nightmare, and TBH it isn't over yet. I'm almost grieving for my former self, usually in control, usually knowing the useful strategy, kind and accepting. Unfussed and unfussy. Supportive and far warmer. I can point the finger at other people or circumstances or anything at all. But it's me that's changed. It's my loss. I can't believe I allowed myself to talk myself out of being that person at all times. Anger is natural but sometimes it's not useful to direct it at the person or persons in question. It's not sensible or fair because we get angry over a lot of things, and that anger turns into a big ball. What you expose the other person to, was not all their fault, not all about what you are trying to express to them. For me, so much of it is frustration at losing out to my own anger. A vicious cycle.
For now I'm aiming for positivity and self-reassurance, and to sensibly avoid certain situations. It's early days but I feel I've improved somewhat.

Anyway all the best to anyone suffering in any which way at all. Love, and hugs, and kisses. If this is your worst hour, then it will get better.

Slowly realising how much less relaxed and gentle I've been over the last four, five years. The pressure really got to me. I became more fearful, more angry inside, more confrontational, and all that happened was I tied myself in knots and went round in circles. I knew I wasn't getting 'me' right. But it's only just starting to become clear what that means. Sometimes the answers are relatively straightforward, but they remain forever out of your reach, you can never get to clarity. You just end up in spirals of agony.
"Something must be done. I must do something." But what? If you let it get too personal, you might not cope. You might not sleep properly. You might never have a clear thought from dawn to dusk. You might never think of anything you can say without going off on a never ending, embarrassing rant, that offends and confuses, rather than delivers the message.
It's been a nightmare, and TBH it isn't over yet. I'm almost grieving for my former self, usually in control, usually knowing the useful strategy, kind and accepting. Unfussed and unfussy. Supportive and far warmer. I can point the finger at other people or circumstances or anything at all. But it's me that's changed. It's my loss. I can't believe I allowed myself to talk myself out of being that person at all times. Anger is natural but sometimes it's not useful to direct it at the person or persons in question. It's not sensible or fair because we get angry over a lot of things, and that anger turns into a big ball. What you expose the other person to, was not all their fault, not all about what you are trying to express to them. For me, so much of it is frustration at losing out to my own anger. A vicious cycle.
For now I'm aiming for positivity and self-reassurance, and to sensibly avoid certain situations. It's early days but I feel I've improved somewhat.

Anyway all the best to anyone suffering in any which way at all. Love, and hugs, and kisses. If this is your worst hour, then it will get better.
Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time , sounds like you are beginning to manage it to a degree , someone is always around for a chat , hugs to you as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.