Genesis.

Mighty Hogweed is avenged!
Human bodies soon will know our anger
Kill them with your Hogweed hairs!
Heracleum Mantegazzian

They don’t write em like that any more :-)
Some big ones around the Irwell here in Kersal. Have they spread up Oldham way?
Strike by night...they are defenceless. They all need the sun to photosynthesize their venom.

I’ve never really listened to anof their stuff post …And then there were three but been on a bit of a prog rock YouTube binge over the last few days and now feel inclined to listen to how they evolved. Listening to Duke now for the first time ever.
How did you get on with Duke?I think it's a great album. The ideal way to listen to it, is to go onto YouTube and type in Duke's Suite. That's the order 5/6 of the tracks should've been done on the album. The rest can be listened to in any order.

After Hackett left, I find bits of their stuff weren't to their previous level, but there's still plenty of gems.
Duke apart, listen to
Mama
Home by the sea/second home by the sea.
On the album We Can't Dance, there's Dreaming While You Sleep (a song about a hit and run accident.....listen to in darkness with headphones on) and Driving The Last Spike (about the building of the railways), which is imo Collins' finest Genesis moment. It was his lyrics, and some of his best drumming.

On the album they did with Ray Wilson, there's a few crackers, too. One Man's Fool, There Must Be Another Way and the title track Calling All Stations.

There really is no need to stop listening to a band, simply because some members have left. After all Genesis was ALWAYS Tony Banks' band.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.