Gerry Gow

Fearsome character with the heart of a lion. His grit and determination dragged us to the cup final in 81.We are all with you Gerry keep fighting!

Reading these great messages of support.....Makes me think that we could done with Gerry on Sunday, he we wouldn't have accepted the gutless performances served up by some. Keep fighting GG

What a difference he made to that 1981 team. A biting, tenacious tackler of course, but he was a decent passer of the ball and with his all-action energy and style, he was one who could always be relied on and who led from the front. Best of luck to him.

One of my all time favourite City players and what a lad to have in any team.If it moved he tackled it,no matter what size or shape.However the lad could also play a bit as well.Him and Tommy H. were wonderful during their short time at City and I wish Gerry all the best in his new fight to overcome this awful disease.

An absolute warrior, I remember the atmosphere before kick off V Spurs 81 Final and a HUGE & I mean HUGE redention of Gerry Gow Gerry Gow absolutely reverberating around Wembley!!!
Gerry we are with you!!!

Reading these great messages of support.....Makes me think that we could done with Gerry on Sunday, he we wouldn't have accepted the gutless performances served up by some. Keep fighting GG
You're not wrong. Gerry was a great signing. If some of our players had half his grit we wouldn't be 'battling' (if we can torture the term beyond its breaking point) for fourth place. Good luck to him.

The Scottish trio used to play cards in the Blue Bell vault in Handforth, when most sane men gave it a wide berth. Gow seemed to be the maddest/hardest of the trio. Cancer? It seems it's time time for another fight fella! Good luck and best wishes Gerry.

Living in he South West, I got to go along to his testimonial a few years back that Bristol City laid on for him.
Bristol City legends v Manchester City legends. Game ended 2-2, Goater got all 4 (played a half for each team).

Gerry seemed one of the infectious players that fans really appreciate. He was before my time, but judging by the comments on here along with turn out at Ashton Gate and the reception he received their from both sets of fans, he seems much loved.

Hope he kicks this rotten disease.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.