Get a grip!

My early impressions of this premier league is that all the lesser sides have stepped it up a hell of a lot. The pace,skill,energy etc of Norwich,Cardiff,hull even Stoke is a higher standard than last season.
They don't seem overawed by the opposition and are not just trying to keep defeat to a respectable level.
We have started uncertainly & these sides are not scared by us. Will they be able to sustain these standards & will they turn up against the rags will be interesting to watch.

de niro said:
chesterguy said:
de niro said:
Ive been watching football a long time and whilst I grant you I've not been at any games not involving city but Manchester United have never to my knowledge played as badly as we did yesterday.
we can say its early days etc but that was totally unacceptable.there were some players out there considered some of he best in Europe . They couldn't pass, couldn't mark, some couldn't fucking run.
Hull should have been out of sight by the time we scored, you can bet your life united would have been, as would our European rivals.

No you are quite right United are the best in the world and never play crap......... what utter drivel. It seems to me some fans are never happy unless they are moaning going into the matchday forum convinces me of that

I think you have to realise we wont play like we did against Newcastle which remember was just 2 games ago every week there will be up and downs whilst the squad beds in and MP finds the right formula which I am sure he will

The knee jerk reactions on here are quite funny to be honest.

Hull should have been out of sight you say yet they had no shots on target the whole match yes they had 1 one on one situation but out of sight do me a favour. Too many on here have media disease of knee jerk reactions. A player has one good game he is in the England squad (Barkley) one mistake and he is shit (Hart).

Why not have this discussion say after 10 games when a pattern has emerged is the performance against Newcastle the norm or Cardiff. But lets not forget last year the performances against Southampton and Wigan

united will have played poorly but if you for one second believe that a sir alex side would turn in that kind of display then you are totally deluded.
had hull or any other side had an aguero or dzeko in their team they would have buried us on that display of defending. who by the way had no protection from our two defensive (laughable) midfielders. quite why would need two dm's v hull at home I don't know, I suppose price tag gets you picked these days.
I don't expect a "Newcastle" every week, I expect a degree of consistantcy. though.

as for the moaning on a forum. well for one its here to have a debate, if you want a set of nodding dogs who all only see good in their side pop over to red tissue. the rags on there are unbelievable. the café is far more balanced.
lastly considering the time and money given to following city i'll say what the fuck I like, good or bad. yesterday we got out of jail, we may not be that lucky again.

Laughable de niro to see people actually comparing the rags chelsea the other night to us and hull fukin city, if that woulda bin chelsea yesterday it woulda bin game over baby, we did get out of jail but also in response to certain posts it is definately transitional time, yes we spent wedge but i can't help thinking that we are gonna be playing a certain way in readiness for when the new man(pep?) comes in a few years or how long it may well be.. CHHIIIIIILLLLAX yall.

Hung said:
manimanc said:
We're only 3 games in for fuck sake..
We played shite,scored 2 goals and got 3 points..
United played shite,dropped 2 points and didn't score..
I don't understand the concern.....

.....but they played Chelsea. We played Hull. There's a huge difference.
Perhaps we should reserve judgment until we've played a top side?

Just a thought.

de niro said:
chesterguy said:
de niro said:
Ive been watching football a long time and whilst I grant you I've not been at any games not involving city but Manchester United have never to my knowledge played as badly as we did yesterday.
we can say its early days etc but that was totally unacceptable.there were some players out there considered some of he best in Europe . They couldn't pass, couldn't mark, some couldn't fucking run.
Hull should have been out of sight by the time we scored, you can bet your life united would have been, as would our European rivals.

No you are quite right United are the best in the world and never play crap......... what utter drivel. It seems to me some fans are never happy unless they are moaning going into the matchday forum convinces me of that

I think you have to realise we wont play like we did against Newcastle which remember was just 2 games ago every week there will be up and downs whilst the squad beds in and MP finds the right formula which I am sure he will

Hull should have been out of sight you say yet they had no shots on target the whole match yes they had 1 one on one situation but out of sight do me a favour. Too many on here have media disease of knee jerk reactions. A player has one good game he is in the England squad (Barkley) one mistake and he is shit (Hart).

Why not have this discussion say after 10 games when a pattern has emerged is the performance against Newcastle the norm or Cardiff. But lets not forget last year the performances against Southampton and Wigan

united will have played poorly but if you for one second believe that a sir alex side would turn in that kind of display then you are totally deluded.
had hull or any other side had an aguero or dzeko in their team they would have buried us on that display of defending. who by the way had no protection from our two defensive (laughable) midfielders. quite why would need two dm's v hull at home I don't know, I suppose price tag gets you picked these days.
I don't expect a "Newcastle" every week, I expect a degree of consistantcy. though.

as for the moaning on a forum. well for one its here to have a debate, if you want a set of nodding dogs who all only see good in their side pop over to red tissue. the rags on there are unbelievable. the café is far more balanced.
lastly considering the time and money given to following city i'll say what the fuck I like, good or bad. yesterday we got out of jail, we may not be that lucky again.

We're not playing with any defensive midfielders and that's the point, it's a flat two in the middle.

The worrying thing for me and I said it in a thread yesterday is the lack of energy from Yaya, with a flat two "both" midfielders need to be busy, last week and yesterday all the running and chasing is coming from Dinho, they need to gel and complement each other and quickly.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Hung said:
manimanc said:
We're only 3 games in for fuck sake..
We played shite,scored 2 goals and got 3 points..
United played shite,dropped 2 points and didn't score..
I don't understand the concern.....

Just a thought.

At the moment, I'm not really looking forward to that.

Hung said:
Hung said:

Just a thought.

Well your mind is stuck in "little City" mode, then.

Can't wait for the Derby.

Danamy said:
de niro said:
chesterguy said:

our defending against players who wouldnt get through our doors as cleaners is a concern, if we defend as we have again the scum their pace and movement will rip us apart. imo

We're not playing with any defensive midfielders and that's the point, it's a flat two in the middle.

The worrying thing for me and I said it in a thread yesterday is the lack of energy from Yaya, with a flat two "both" midfielders need to be busy, last week and yesterday all the running and chasing is coming from Dinho, they need to gel and complement each other and quickly.

Hung said:

Just a thought.

Me neither.
I love a day in the sunshine at Epsom.
Right now, playing the rags is about as enticing a prospect as simultaneous colonic irrigation and root canal surgery.
Can you kindly pm me some of your Prozac?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Hung said:

Me neither.
I love a day in the sunshine at Epsom.
Right now, playing the rags is about as enticing a prospect as simultaneous colonic irrigation and root canal surgery.
Can you kindly pm me some of your Prozac?
"Me neither" was directed to to him rather than me I presume, otherwise your post is confusing!

I believe these players will raise their game for the Derby - it's probably what they need to kick start the season. Anyone would think we never had a shite game at home and won under Mancini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.